how to automatically delete temporary files

I've been using Disk Cleanup to delete my temporary files, and noticing that
in a few days, my XP system can generate a gigabyte of temporary files.
This is a lot of space, since my C disk is only 5GB.

Is there something I can schedule to run every day that will delete old
temporary files automatically? (I'm referring the ordinary temporary files
folder, not temporary internet files.)

Thanks,
Chaz

You could download a third party application called CleanCache
(www.buttuglysoftware.com). So long as you have the Windows .NET framework
installed on your pc (cleancache will not run without it) you can set it to
clean temporary internet files, temporary files, cookies, history,
autocorrect and a host of other cache's when you shutdown your pc.
Take a look at my review of the software.
http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/cleancache_2.htm
That will give you further details of what the software does.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Charles Rogers" <spamitup@spammer.com> wrote in message
> I've been using Disk Cleanup to delete my temporary files, and noticing
> that
> in a few days, my XP system can generate a gigabyte of temporary files.
> This is a lot of space, since my C disk is only 5GB.
>
> Is there something I can schedule to run every day that will delete old
> temporary files automatically? (I'm referring the ordinary temporary
> files folder, not temporary internet files.)
>
> Thanks,
> Chaz

My XP system stays up for weeks at a time. As I said, I'm looking for
something that I can schedule to run, presumably using XP's Scheduled Tasks
service. Possibly a batch command file would serve the purpose, but Disk
Cleanup says it only deletes temporary files if they are seven days old in
order to avoid deleting files that are still needed, and I don't know how to
select files by date with a batch command file. Also, I don't know where
the files are that Disk Cleanup is deleting. I thought they were in
\windows\temp, but that doesn't seem to be it.