manually deleting cookies

Hello,

Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
cookies that clog up the system?
--
john
7 answers Last reply

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:50:01 -0700, "socks"
    <socks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
    >cookies that clog up the system?

    Got the folder, select all, press delete.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:16 +0100, Dr Teeth
    <no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:

    >Got the folder

    Should be 'go to the cookie folder'

    I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.

    John

    "Dr Teeth" wrote:

    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:16 +0100, Dr Teeth
    > <no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Got the folder
    >
    > Should be 'go to the cookie folder'

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;278835
    How to Delete Cookie Files

    "socks" <socks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
    > cookies that clog up the system?
    > --
    > john

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:45:03 -0700, "john"
    <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.

    What is your OS?

    There are several ways to delete cookies, I just prefer to delete them
    directly. No reason, just preference. The easiest way is to delete
    them is to open IE, click tools, click Internet Options...there you'll
    find a button to delete cookies. You'll lose any saved passwords or
    preferences to any sites that you visit.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy

    My o/s is Windows XP, 2nd editions.

    Jiohn

    "Dr Teeth" wrote:

    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:45:03 -0700, "john"
    > <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.
    >
    > What is your OS?
    >
    > There are several ways to delete cookies, I just prefer to delete them
    > directly. No reason, just preference. The easiest way is to delete
    > them is to open IE, click tools, click Internet Options...there you'll
    > find a button to delete cookies. You'll lose any saved passwords or
    > preferences to any sites that you visit.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Guy
    >
    > ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
    > ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
    > ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:46:03 -0700, "john"
    <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >My o/s is Windows XP, 2nd editions.

    Your cookies folder is C\Documents and Settings\<user name>\cookies

    This folder may be hidden, this is win xp's default. To unhide, load
    windows explorer, click on tolls, click on folder options, click on
    view tab, select show hidden files and folders in hidden files and
    folders section.

    --
    Cheers,

    Guy