manually deleting cookies

April 16, 2005 9:50:01 PM

Hello,

Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
cookies that clog up the system?
--
john
Anonymous

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:50:01 -0700, "socks"
<socks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
>cookies that clog up the system?

Got the folder, select all, press delete.

--
Cheers,

Guy

April 17, 2005 3:15:54 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:16 +0100, Dr Teeth
<no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:

>Got the folder

Should be 'go to the cookie folder'
Related resources
April 17, 2005 3:15:55 PM

I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.

John

"Dr Teeth" wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:56:16 +0100, Dr Teeth
> <no.email.here.please@tardis.com> wrote:
>
> >Got the folder
>
> Should be 'go to the cookie folder'

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 3:37:42 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;278835
How to Delete Cookie Files

"socks" <socks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Other than windows xp utility, is there one best way to manually delete
> cookies that clog up the system?
> --
> john
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:38:05 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:45:03 -0700, "john"
<john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.

What is your OS?

There are several ways to delete cookies, I just prefer to delete them
directly. No reason, just preference. The easiest way is to delete
them is to open IE, click tools, click Internet Options...there you'll
find a button to delete cookies. You'll lose any saved passwords or
preferences to any sites that you visit.

--
Cheers,

Guy

April 17, 2005 8:38:06 PM

My o/s is Windows XP, 2nd editions.

Jiohn

"Dr Teeth" wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:45:03 -0700, "john"
> <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm sorry but how do I navigate to the cookies folder.
>
> What is your OS?
>
> There are several ways to delete cookies, I just prefer to delete them
> directly. No reason, just preference. The easiest way is to delete
> them is to open IE, click tools, click Internet Options...there you'll
> find a button to delete cookies. You'll lose any saved passwords or
> preferences to any sites that you visit.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Guy
>
> ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
> ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
> ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:29:40 AM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:46:03 -0700, "john"
<john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My o/s is Windows XP, 2nd editions.

Your cookies folder is C\Documents and Settings\<user name>\cookies

This folder may be hidden, this is win xp's default. To unhide, load
windows explorer, click on tolls, click on folder options, click on
view tab, select show hidden files and folders in hidden files and
folders section.

--
Cheers,

Guy