  • Windows Update
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 17, 2005 12:23:04 PM

Q1,
I had to install .NET Framewaork to run a program (WorldWind)

But now when I reboot my computer instead of going directly to
Windows, it shows my account name (Little icon thingy) which I have to click
on in order
to proceed to Windows.

Is there anyway to make it so it goes stright to windows after reboot.

Q2,
When on Windows update I'm able to download everything fine except These
2...

..NET Framework 1.1 Service pack 1 &

..NET Framework 1.0 Service pack 3

For both while on windows update I get this error...

Fatal Execution Engine Error 0 x 7926FCD8

I downloaded .Net Framework as an .EXE from MS website

Sorry longwinded, hope someone can help

Thanks

kezz

--
Remove the obvious if replying by mail

More about : net framework questions

April 17, 2005 12:23:05 PM

More than likely you need jit compiler/java, download from this web site it
is microsofts java, (far better than sun microsystems)
http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
Before you download and install, create a system restore point, go to start
accessories system tools scroll down to system restore, crerate a restore
point just name it msjavx.
Then download, and when installed, reboot, and then go back to Windows
Updates, this should resolve your problem.

"kezz" wrote:

> Q1,
> I had to install .NET Framewaork to run a program (WorldWind)
>

> But now when I reboot my computer instead of going directly to
> Windows, it shows my account name (Little icon thingy) which I have to click
> on in order
> to proceed to Windows.
>
> Is there anyway to make it so it goes stright to windows after reboot.
>
> Q2,
> When on Windows update I'm able to download everything fine except These
> 2...
>
> ..NET Framework 1.1 Service pack 1 &
>
> ..NET Framework 1.0 Service pack 3
>
> For both while on windows update I get this error...
>
> Fatal Execution Engine Error 0 x 7926FCD8
>
> I downloaded .Net Framework as an .EXE from MS website
>
> Sorry longwinded, hope someone can help
>
> Thanks
>
> kezz
>

> --
> Remove the obvious if replying by mail

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:44:23 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 05:37:02 -0700, "terry"
<terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>More than likely you need jit compiler/java, download from this web site it
>is microsofts java, (far better than sun microsystems)

Could you please justify that statement?

--
Cheers,

Guy

April 17, 2005 5:56:35 PM

> More than likely you need jit compiler/java, download from this web site
> it
> is microsofts java, (far better than sun microsystems)
> http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
> Before you download and install, create a system restore point, go to
> start
> accessories system tools scroll down to system restore, crerate a restore
> point just name it msjavx.
> Then download, and when installed, reboot, and then go back to Windows
> Updates, this should resolve your problem.

Do I have to uninstall the Java I have on system first?

Thanks

kezz
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 9:15:35 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:56:35 +0100, "kezz" <NOSPAMdj_kezz@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

>Do I have to uninstall the Java I have on system first?

No. If you are installing the MS version, it will overwrite the old.
If you are installing Sun Java it will install to a different folder
and you will be able to select which version your browser(s) use.

--
Cheers,

Guy

April 18, 2005 12:31:56 AM

Control userpasswords2 from the Start/Run box
and then uncheck the users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer.

Dunno about the windows update errors. Sorry.

"kezz" <NOSPAMdj_kezz@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Q1,
> I had to install .NET Framewaork to run a program (WorldWind)
>

> But now when I reboot my computer instead of going directly to
> Windows, it shows my account name (Little icon thingy) which I have to
> click on in order
> to proceed to Windows.
>
> Is there anyway to make it so it goes stright to windows after reboot.
>
> Q2,
> When on Windows update I'm able to download everything fine except
> These 2...
>
> .NET Framework 1.1 Service pack 1 &
>
> .NET Framework 1.0 Service pack 3
>
> For both while on windows update I get this error...
>
> Fatal Execution Engine Error 0 x 7926FCD8
>
> I downloaded .Net Framework as an .EXE from MS website
>
> Sorry longwinded, hope someone can help
>
> Thanks
>
> kezz
>

> --
> Remove the obvious if replying by mail

April 18, 2005 12:31:57 AM

> Control userpasswords2 from the Start/Run box
> and then uncheck the users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer.

What do you mean by this? Control panal and look for userpasswords2

or type userpasswords2 in the run box

Thanks
April 18, 2005 1:05:35 AM

Thanks to you all

And for the exrta explanations.

Sorry I didn't think of another newsgroup. (windows update)

have posted there now.

I've not restarted computer yet to see if that login thingy works. Never
seen that B4

Cheers peeps

kezz
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 2:55:02 AM

Try the Windows Update Newsgroup for assistance
Windows Update newsgroup:
or
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

>> Q2,
>> When on Windows update I'm able to download everything fine except
>> These 2...
>>
>> .NET Framework 1.1 Service pack 1 &
>>
>> .NET Framework 1.0 Service pack 3
>>
>> For both while on windows update I get this error...
>>
>> Fatal Execution Engine Error 0 x 7926FCD8
>>
>> I downloaded .Net Framework as an .EXE from MS website
>>
>> Sorry longwinded, hope someone can help
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> kezz
>>

>> --
>> Remove the obvious if replying by mail
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 3:05:56 AM

.. Go to the Start Menu and the Run box.
.. Type in the following:
control userpasswords2
.. now click OK
.. In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary
logon.
.. Now uncheck the "Users must enter a username and password..." box.
.. Hit Apply and a dialog box will appear asking you to confirm the selected users
password.

Click OK.
The changes will work the next time you restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231
How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm
Configure Windows XP to Automatically Login

kezz wrote:
>> Control userpasswords2 from the Start/Run box
>> and then uncheck the users must enter a user name and password to
>> use this computer.
>
> What do you mean by this? Control panal and look for userpasswords2
>
> or type userpasswords2 in the run box
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 8:09:53 PM