Need Graphic Card!

gicifix

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new, and italian, sorry for my bad english.
I bought a new desktop computer, i spent 230 €

Components:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 @ 3.00 GHz
Mainboard Asus P5K2 Deluxe
Ram 4 GB DDR3 Dual Channel
(Here the problem is) Ati Radeon x1550 (CPU-Z Says 512 MB, DXDiag says 2 GB)

I would like to play Battlefield 3, but i can't, because i have no Pixel and Vertex Shader 4.1
I need to change the Graphic Card, I think.
So, can you please tell me what is a good graphic card for playing battlefield? (even in low resolution)

I have about 50 € to spend here in Italy, and i saw a GeForce GT 210 at 29 €.

Sorry for my bad english, again, thank you for the help

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

I hardly believe you can play battlefield 3 with this graphics card don't get even close to the minimum requirements

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

GT 210 is also not enough,if you ever be able to start the game, will be at 9 fps...

And this cpu will bottleneck your graphic card if you try just to change it...

i would recommend buying a new pc.

A GT 210 will not cut it with BF3. It is a very GPU intensive game. Your CPU is addequate, but you will want to get the best video card within your budget and even stretch above it if possible. I am in the US so I am not sure what options you have at that price. Could you list a site or a few options? I would look at something in the Nvidia GTX460/560 or higher or AMD 6850/6870 or higher. The possible downside if you may need to upgrade your power supply to accommodate a new video card. Could you give us the specs on that?