Tamat

Distinguished
May 15, 2004
Hey I got some UV spraypaint that I would like to spray into alittle cup and paint it on spairingly on my mother board compasitors and / or other things on my motherboard. Has anyone ever seen this done or have any advice about it? I've heard its perfectly safe so I really want to do it.

In my system I have a 500 Watt Aspire UV reactive PSU, all my IDE cables are UV reactive and also my fans are. I have black lights in my computer and would like to finish the computer like this.

Any advice?

ric_gra

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004
Well, you should check the conductivity of the paint (use a multi-meter). And, don't paint anything that could generate heat.

I traced the wires of my old mobo with uv-reactive-ink-pen, very tedious work, looks very cool, and is safer than spray into a little cup and paint it.

Be careful with capacitors and use different colors for connectors and other stuff like the videocard, soundcard, etc. Remember that painting the motherboard involves some risk, so do it at your own risk.

Sorry if my english it's no so good. From Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ricky

andyw80684

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I know this post is VERY OLD...but what did you use to trace the wires with...could you post a link of a pen that will work?