Power Supply

dexl

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
Having problems with computer.
Everytime computer is turned on home radio goes crazy with noise. I was told that it is the computers power supply doing this.
Does anyone know of a fix or something I could buy to stop the noise.
It only affects my radio, nothing else and it happens everytime the computer is turned on.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Well, kinda of interesting. What brand PSU? Would it be EM interference? Can you stop it by moving the radio farther away from the pc and it's cables? Maybe try plugging the radio to different outlets too

Mobile XP 2600+ (11X200)
Abit NF7-S v 2.0
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB Corsair Twinx 3200LL
BBA 9800 Pro
Enermax Noisetaker 420 watts
Win98SE

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have an illegal computer. Seriously, it violates FCC regulation. Does your case have a window?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
That's interesting. We have a communicator thing to talk back and forth between our garage and house, and it has two frequencies, A and B. When it's set to B frequency, and once I turn my computer on, the thing go nuts with static noise and such. The comm unit is fine on the A frequency. Does that mean I may have something illegal too?!? and what makes it illegal?

Oh well I'm currently doing research to build my first PC so I'll be done with this thing soon enough. I'll be posting more when I get closer to making a decision to make sure I'm doing it right :)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
FCC says your computer can't interfere with TV or FM radio, not even in your own home. That's probably because they want you to have the ability to receive emergency broadcast.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>