Skyrim texture problem

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
There is a problem that I noticed with skyrim that makes the game a lot less immersible and enjoyable, certain textures in the game just look like they didn't finish buffering and got stuck on their low quality ill attach couple of screenshots to show what im talking about.
I'm using Ultra settings
my computer specs
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 2.8
GPU: AMD Radeon 5770 1GB VRAM
RAM: 8GB DDR3

lBQLNlGU6Ek.jpg

Fa9zGhm0gEA.jpg

image hosting

gif image hosting
free image hosting

png image hosting

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
But why some of them look fine and others look like ***? I dont want to install HQ textures because when I installed them for oblivion it made my game glitchy laggy and crashy

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Damn that sucks, did you guys try the HQ packs already? Which ones are the best which ones you would recommend for my situation I just want to replace the crappy textures of some clothing and wood

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Then you will have to make do with how they look.

Skyrim is running on a very old engine, that and its a console port.

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Could you do me a favor and just click on the pictures I posted and look carefully
1st pic look at the shirt
2nd look at the wall
3rd look at that wooden bar under the table 0_o
4th look at the table
I just cant believe that what you are saying is true to my situation because some of those textures look so terrible that they look more like glitches

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
that is how the game was made, this is a way to increase performance, by using reduced quality textures on places where you dont really need details...

For instance look at RAGE, that is a game that had real texture buffer problems, and the game have some REAL low detail textures...

The only solution for skyrim are the HD Texture packs, i have already used but i don't like to mod my game, i used just to test it, but i lke to play it the way it was made to play...

Andreyftw

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I understand that I cant expect the textures to be perfect because the engine is old and its a port, but some of those textures look so terrible that I assumed they were glitches :pfff: and it just such a turn off every time I look at something that is half rendered... :heink:
guess Ill have to install the HQ Texture pack, hopefully it wont be too laggy, thanks for all of the responses!