system restore to last month

I'm having a bit of a problem with the System Restore option on Windows
XP-Media Center Edition. I want to restore my computer to a checkpoint
in March 2005, but when I click on the arrow to go back to March,
nothing happens. Is it too far back for my computer to go, or is it
something else?? All help is appreciated.

--
jules12

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:59:27 +0000, jules12
<jules12.1nnp1o@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>I'm having a bit of a problem with the System Restore option on Windows
>XP-Media Center Edition. I want to restore my computer to a checkpoint
>in March 2005, but when I click on the arrow to go back to March,
>nothing happens. Is it too far back for my computer to go, or is it
>something else?? All help is appreciated.
It's probably too far.
Don't forget it's first in-first out.
The old restore points fall off the end.
The amount of space allocated to SR can be examined
by right clicking "my computer", and select the SR tab.

Dave

Hi Jules,

The reason there is no arrows leading to a previous month is that
there are now restore points for that month. Take a look at these
troubleshooting in regards to System Restore is not creating automatic
restore points.
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,