Connecting two wired network wirelessly

Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.

Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two
Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other
equipment.

Thank you in advance for any input on the matter.

--
Danny Kile
Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
Your cooperation is appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about connecting wired network wirelessly

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:

    > Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
    > routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
    > and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
    > router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
    > has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.

    You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
    complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?

    - JB

    Hey Danny,

    buy other equipment

    JB wrote:
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:
    >

    >>Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
    >>routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
    >>and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
    >>router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
    >>has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
    >

    > You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
    > complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?
    >
    > - JB

    No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.

    --
    Danny Kile
    Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
    Your cooperation is appreciated.

    I can't give you specific details, for the sake of time, but you can find
    your answers easily enough by calling D-Link or looking up WDS bridges on
    the Internet and at D-Link.com.

    Suffice it to say, you go into the router config, click on the WDS section,
    add the MAC address for the router to which you want to bridge, then go to
    the other router, click on the WDS section, and add the other MAC address.
    Keep in mind that this is the MAC address of the router, not the cable modem
    or the computer or anything else. As you, I'm pretty sure D-Link provide
    some tips at the side of the config screens.

    In my experience, Buffalo supports WDS better than anyone else, then Belkin,
    but I've never had as much luck with D-Link.

    > JB wrote:
    >> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:
    >>

    >>>Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
    >>>routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
    >>>and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two router
    >>>configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A has
    >>>broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
    >>

    >> You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
    >> complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?
    >>
    >> - JB
    >>
    > No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Danny Kile
    > Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+
    >
    > Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
    > Your cooperation is appreciated.

    "Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message

    > No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.

    This link should be similar to what you need to do with your routers:

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13859095?hilite=wrt54g+wds

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile
    <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

    >Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
    >routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
    >and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
    >router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
    >has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
    >
    >Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two
    >Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other
    >equipment.

    As I understand it you don't do the connection through routers but get
    2 Access Points that will work in bridge mode eg Linksys WAP54G.

    Both networks should be on the same subnet.

    One router only connecting to the outside world.

    --
    AnthonyL

    Except there is no way to do that with the DI-624

    he has to buy different equipment now.

    "JB" <jbrandonbbremove@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message
    >

    >> No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > This link should be similar to what you need to do with your routers:
    >
    > http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13859095?hilite=wrt54g+wds

Wireless Wireless Networking