Connecting two wired network wirelessly

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 18, 2005 7:59:47 PM

Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.

Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two
Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other
equipment.

Thank you in advance for any input on the matter.

--
Danny Kile
Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
Your cooperation is appreciated.
August 19, 2005 12:21:16 AM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:

> Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
> routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
> and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
> router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
> has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.

You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?

- JB
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 19, 2005 4:57:07 AM

Hey Danny,

buy other equipment

"Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message
> Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
> routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna and
> well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two router
> configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A has
> broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
>
> Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two
> Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other
> equipment.
>
> Thank you in advance for any input on the matter.
>
> --
> Danny Kile
> Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+
>
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
> Your cooperation is appreciated.
a b F Wireless
August 19, 2005 11:49:27 AM

JB wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:
>

>>Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
>>routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
>>and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
>>router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
>>has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
>

> You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
> complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?
>
> - JB

No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.

--
Danny Kile
Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
Your cooperation is appreciated.
August 19, 2005 12:11:47 PM

I can't give you specific details, for the sake of time, but you can find
your answers easily enough by calling D-Link or looking up WDS bridges on
the Internet and at D-Link.com.

Suffice it to say, you go into the router config, click on the WDS section,
add the MAC address for the router to which you want to bridge, then go to
the other router, click on the WDS section, and add the other MAC address.
Keep in mind that this is the MAC address of the router, not the cable modem
or the computer or anything else. As you, I'm pretty sure D-Link provide
some tips at the side of the config screens.

In my experience, Buffalo supports WDS better than anyone else, then Belkin,
but I've never had as much luck with D-Link.

> JB wrote:
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile wrote:
>>

>>>Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
>>>routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
>>>and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two router
>>>configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A has
>>>broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
>>

>> You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little
>> complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?
>>
>> - JB
>>
> No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Danny Kile
> Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+
>
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
> Your cooperation is appreciated.
August 19, 2005 12:14:27 PM

"Danny Kile" <kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote in message

> No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.

This link should be similar to what you need to do with your routers:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13859095?hilite=...
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 19, 2005 3:25:46 PM

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:59:47 -0400, Danny Kile
<kiledanny@NOSPAMnetscape.net> wrote:

>Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless
>routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna
>and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two
>router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A
>has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.
>
>Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two
>Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other
>equipment.

As I understand it you don't do the connection through routers but get
2 Access Points that will work in bridge mode eg Linksys WAP54G.

Both networks should be on the same subnet.

One router only connecting to the outside world.

--
AnthonyL
Anonymous

Except there is no way to do that with the DI-624

he has to buy different equipment now.

!