How's Windows Managing Language Settings

April 18, 2005 7:08:02 AM

I just want to know how's Windows managing the language settings and how it's
saved on the hard disk. My problem is that a user deleted the English
Language and deleted the English Entry. Now the user can enter only Arabic
characters and no English. The user restarts the system and can not log in,
simply because the username and password are in English characters and he's
not able to write that. Please advice. Also I would like to know the same
answer but for Windows 2000.
--
Marwan Kandeel
IT Department

have you tried in xp,

control panel click on "dates, time, language and regional options" then
"add another langauge"?

"Marwan Kandeel" wrote:

> I just want to know how's Windows managing the language settings and how it's
> saved on the hard disk. My problem is that a user deleted the English
> Language and deleted the English Entry. Now the user can enter only Arabic
> characters and no English. The user restarts the system and can not log in,
> simply because the username and password are in English characters and he's
> not able to write that. Please advice. Also I would like to know the same
> answer but for Windows 2000.
> --
> Marwan Kandeel
> IT Department
> STC Jeddah
> Saudi Arabia
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 12:13:07 PM

Sure Itried it, but let me ask you, how would I log in when I cant write the
username or password??? Those are created in English, even the built in
Administrator, and I cant write English, only Arabic. So how so??? I'm
looking for a work around

"tiiim" wrote:

> have you tried in xp,
>
> control panel click on "dates, time, language and regional options" then
> "add another langauge"?
>
> "Marwan Kandeel" wrote:
>
> > I just want to know how's Windows managing the language settings and how it's
> > saved on the hard disk. My problem is that a user deleted the English
> > Language and deleted the English Entry. Now the user can enter only Arabic
> > characters and no English. The user restarts the system and can not log in,
> > simply because the username and password are in English characters and he's
> > not able to write that. Please advice. Also I would like to know the same
> > answer but for Windows 2000.
> > --
> > Marwan Kandeel
> > IT Department
> > STC Jeddah
> > Saudi Arabia
April 18, 2005 12:19:04 PM

have you tried safe mode?

also cant the admin change his password on his side? then login using the
arabic layout then change it once login?
"Marwan Kandeel" wrote:

> Sure Itried it, but let me ask you, how would I log in when I cant write the
> username or password??? Those are created in English, even the built in
> Administrator, and I cant write English, only Arabic. So how so??? I'm
> looking for a work around
>
> "tiiim" wrote:
>

> > have you tried in xp,
> >
> > control panel click on "dates, time, language and regional options" then
> > "add another langauge"?
> >
> > "Marwan Kandeel" wrote:
> >
> > > I just want to know how's Windows managing the language settings and how it's
> > > saved on the hard disk. My problem is that a user deleted the English
> > > Language and deleted the English Entry. Now the user can enter only Arabic
> > > characters and no English. The user restarts the system and can not log in,
> > > simply because the username and password are in English characters and he's
> > > not able to write that. Please advice. Also I would like to know the same
> > > answer but for Windows 2000.
> > > --
> > > Marwan Kandeel
> > > IT Department
> > > STC Jeddah
> > > Saudi Arabia
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 3:03:01 AM

I think safe mode will not work because still the Arabic layout is the
default and the English is deleted. About the admin, the admin or any built
in ID or group is created in English by default, so they can not even right
thier usernames, because when they start typing, it will appear in Arabic
which is not right.

Marwan

"tiiim" wrote:

> have you tried safe mode?
>
> also cant the admin change his password on his side? then login using the
> arabic layout then change it once login?
> "Marwan Kandeel" wrote:
>
> > Sure Itried it, but let me ask you, how would I log in when I cant write the
> > username or password??? Those are created in English, even the built in
> > Administrator, and I cant write English, only Arabic. So how so??? I'm
> > looking for a work around
> >
> > "tiiim" wrote:
> >

> > > have you tried in xp,
> > >
> > > control panel click on "dates, time, language and regional options" then

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 7:13:01 AM

looks you may have to email micrsoft technical support themselves. They will
no how to get around that because it seems a bit hmmm.

So click here:

http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance

choose your OS and free email support and the way you go.

Sorry i could personally help anymore if i could see the computer it would
be good. MS support should be able to fix your problem in a bigger detail way
they are very good.

!