my tower fan comes on like every 2 min., why is this happeneing, i'm lost,
please help me

Bad connection. Bad fan. It should normally run all the time.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"tower fan keeps runing" <tower fan keeps runing@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:3BE3D234-E2E5-4DE9-AB0B-CF174479E072@microsoft.com...
> my tower fan comes on like every 2 min., why is this happeneing, i'm lost,
> please help me

well that didnt help me, some one told me that it runs when its to hot to
cool things off, but it shouldnt run all the time

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Bad connection. Bad fan. It should normally run all the time.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "tower fan keeps runing" <tower fan keeps runing@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:3BE3D234-E2E5-4DE9-AB0B-CF174479E072@microsoft.com...
> > my tower fan comes on like every 2 min., why is this happeneing, i'm lost,
> > please help me

bar

OK if someone else writes that it should take off and circle around the
case...do you believe it?

Richard is correct!

For a Desktop or Tower Case, The Power Supply Cooling Fan should remain on
at all times when the system is running.

A secondary cooling fan may have supplementary 'software' control that
cycles it on and off based upon some thermostat inside the case.

A CPU cooling fan will run all the time.

For Laptops, the cooling fan [only one] may cycle on and off.

"tower fan keeps runing" wrote:

> well that didnt help me, some one told me that it runs when its to hot to
> cool things off, but it shouldnt run all the time
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> > Bad connection. Bad fan. It should normally run all the time.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
> >
> > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "tower fan keeps runing" <tower fan keeps runing@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote in message news:3BE3D234-E2E5-4DE9-AB0B-CF174479E072@microsoft.com...
> > > my tower fan comes on like every 2 min., why is this happeneing, i'm lost,
> > > please help me

You will have to decide who to believe.. if I had to choose between
'someone' or Richard, I think that I would have to go with Richard..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

wrote in message news:2098B27E-ECBD-4605-885C-B1AA9701E95D@microsoft.com...
> well that didnt help me, some one told me that it runs when its to hot to
> cool things off, but it shouldnt run all the time
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Bad connection. Bad fan. It should normally run all the time.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>>
>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>

>> "tower fan keeps runing" <tower fan keeps
>> runing@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > my tower fan comes on like every 2 min., why is this happeneing, i'm
>> > lost,
>> > please help me

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:%23xsRpeMRFHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> had this to say:

> You will have to decide who to believe.. if I had to choose between
> 'someone' or Richard, I think that I would have to go with Richard..

Then again there was a recent post about the Psychic Hotline? LOL

If this is any help I've three fans in my case and all three run constantly
though I could set them to run only when the temp reaches a certain amount
(thermostatically controlled) but I leave 'em on all the time. Now that I
think about it... When I turn them down to the "off" positition I get a
BSOD... Think there's any reason for that? <g>

Okay okay... So sleep is getting to be something that is needed.

Galen

ty glen, can you tell me where would i find the fan settings, so maybe i can
adjust it, this is the secondary fan that keeps running...ty

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:%23xsRpeMRFHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Mike Hall (MS-MVP) <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> had this to say:

> > You will have to decide who to believe.. if I had to choose between
> > 'someone' or Richard, I think that I would have to go with Richard..
>
> Then again there was a recent post about the Psychic Hotline? LOL
>
> If this is any help I've three fans in my case and all three run constantly
> though I could set them to run only when the temp reaches a certain amount
> (thermostatically controlled) but I leave 'em on all the time. Now that I
> think about it... When I turn them down to the "off" positition I get a
> BSOD... Think there's any reason for that? <g>
>
> Okay okay... So sleep is getting to be something that is needed.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:4B14AB14-ACD2-4EAF-800E-4748FAA45080@microsoft.com,
tower fan keeps runing <towerfankeepsruning@discussions.microsoft.com> had
this to say:

> ty glen, can you tell me where would i find the fan settings, so
> maybe i can adjust it, this is the secondary fan that keeps
> running...ty

There may very well be a setting in your BIOS setup utility that has to do
with suspend types. One of them will suspend only partway and the fans will
keep running. There's S1, S2, and S3 I believe and the options are hidden by
default on this board. I have to press CTRL + F1 to enable the advanced
features to see them. I'm not exactly sure which one you'd want to be honest
but that MIGHT be what you're looking for.

Galen