BF3 6570 lag problem

I just recently installed BF3 on my computer, and to my suprise, it was unplayable. On the lowest possible settings
i was getting about 17 lowest, 22 average, and 30 high. :(

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4Ghz

4Gb RAM

Sapphire HD 6570 2Gb DDR3

I meet the requirments just fine, Help please?

(also just tried rolling back a driver, and then updating again, made no difference :fou: )
6 answers Last reply
More about 6570 problem
  1. Yes but what resolution?
  2. Proximon said:
    Yes but what resolution?

1080P, but I've seen people with my same specs but the 1Gb version of my GPU run it on 1080P, all medium
  3. I really doubt that. I don't doubt you, just the accuracy of the data you saw. BF3 puts the hurt on GPUs far stronger. Perhaps you misread and it was really a 6750? Or perhaps you were seeing benchmarks from the beta test?

Given your specs I would be happy with lowest settings working at 1080p
  4. Proximon said:
    I really doubt that. I don't doubt you, just the accuracy of the data you saw. BF3 puts the hurt on GPUs far stronger. Perhaps you misread and it was really a 6750? Or perhaps you were seeing benchmarks from the beta test?

Given your specs I would be happy with lowest settings working at 1080p

ok, thanks, I'm not the best with computers

(also, it was from the beta test)
  5. yeah, the 6570 is by no means a card for gaming in my opinion. further, anything lower than a 6870 should be avoided above 720 res (again my opinion).

if you want to give it a shot, lower you resolution in game to the lowest possible setting, and then raise your res/gfx setting from there.
  6. opsatcat said:
    ok, thanks, I'm not the best with computers

(also, it was from the beta test)

Like mentioned, I don't think that card is good enough to run Battlefield 3 at 1080p. Play it at the lowest settings, and make sure you turn off AA.
    Either that, or lower the resolution and play it at mid-high settings. ( AA still at off).
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Lag Video Games