Status
Not open for further replies.

oquabili

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Okay, so I recently bought a video card, and i started playing GTA IV. everything is fine, I'm getting about 35-45 fps (good enough for me). Then I decided to bump it up a bit by increasing the shadow quality to High. Now I get 25-40 fps, and everything is perfectly fine. No spikes, no crashes, etc. EXCEPT, when ever I try to move or do something, there is a slight delay in the game. Like if I move my mouse, it will take the game about .75 seconds before it rotates the camera. It seems unimportant, but it gets really annoying when you can't make sharp turns in police chases. How do I fix this?

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
2 GB RAM
GeForce GT 430 2gb memory

note that my fps are completely normal, its just a slight delay in key presses.

Please help, and thanks

Solution
yup+1 to skaz. to get smooth gameplay from gta 4 you really need a quad. if you dont have 1 then your gonna be stuck at minimum settings... turn the settings back down and everything should normalize. you could try adjusting the render ahead limit form 2-3 or from 2-1 to see if that helps. any more than 1 point will actually cause more issues. but its worth trying.(check your nvidia panel for the render ahead limit in the games profile)
yup+1 to skaz. to get smooth gameplay from gta 4 you really need a quad. if you dont have 1 then your gonna be stuck at minimum settings... turn the settings back down and everything should normalize. you could try adjusting the render ahead limit form 2-3 or from 2-1 to see if that helps. any more than 1 point will actually cause more issues. but its worth trying.(check your nvidia panel for the render ahead limit in the games profile)

Solution

oquabili

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011

How do you change the render ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS