Removing program without .msi file

I am trying to uninstall a program that predates my installation of XP. It
takes up over 50 meg and I need the disk space.
Add or Remove Programs wants the <programname>.msi file which does not exist
on either my hard drive or the installation disk for the program. The
program manufacturer is unhelpful.

bar

If all else fails, simply delete the folder in which it is installed e.g.
C:\Program Files\Offending Application

Delete the folder and if necessary any subfolders.

You can tidy up the registry by running regedit and 'search' for any entries
naming that application 'Offending Application' and delete them.