Install games after steam activate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoMonoco

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Ok so i bought retail Modern Warfare 3 and installed it after activating it on steam. I let my little brother play it and now the CD's are broken. I was planning to reload my operation system but i dont know if steam will reinstall Modern Warfare 3 without the disk. Can someone please tell me if i need the CD now so i can reload my operating system. My PC desperately needs it. Thanks for anyone who replies seriously.

:??:

Solution
All steam needs to do is verify your IP address and your log on. If you try to log in on another computer you have to jump through hoops. It will sooner of later let you in. I had that problem when I build this one.

Also your probuct key just in case. Any retail game you buy that is associated with steam, once you down load it to your computer then steam also gets it. That is one advantage of having steam

MCFCBlue

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2007
As long as you know your steam log in and you have activated it on steam, you can get steam to download it.
Once steam is installed and you log in, your games will be greyed out just right click and click install.

DM186

Splendid
All steam needs to do is verify your IP address and your log on. If you try to log in on another computer you have to jump through hoops. It will sooner of later let you in. I had that problem when I build this one.

Also your probuct key just in case. Any retail game you buy that is associated with steam, once you down load it to your computer then steam also gets it. That is one advantage of having steam

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.