Crysis Realifesis mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hi guys, just built my first pc gaming rig and im stoked to finally be able to play Crysis :bounce: I was wondering if anyone can assist me on finding the Reallifesis mod for this game ? I searched online and no site seems to have it anymore ? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

Solution

That tab only shows mods that some guys install in a "Mods" folder they create in the ../Crytek/Crysis directory. There's only a handful of mods I've used that actually install in the Mods folder. In other words, don't worry about that tab unless you install a mod that actually utilizes it (and the majority don't).

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thx donkeywax when I was told about the mod they never said it was called gary's mod just referred it to being called crysis lifesis mod ? I will search for it under that title to see.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Gary's Mod is a mod for Source Engine - - has nothing to do with Crysis.

I've been trying to find a DL link for Real Lifesis 2 because I want to try it out, myself. I'll let you know if I find a good link....there are dead ones EVERYWHERE.

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Thx stringjam that's the same problem im having now. I did find the natural mod 2.0 it seems very similar to the mod where looking for but can't seem to get it to load on the game ? It installed fine but when I load crysis and go to the mod section I don't see it there.... So can't confirm if it's working like intented or im missing a step.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Thanks for the links, HEXiT. I swear I've looked over that site trying to find it(?)

Spent this morning playing with it. Not totally sure how I feel about it yet. They went a little overboard IMO with the DoF, but dropping the DoF setting in the autoexec.cfg file it comes with takes care of that.

Night scenes are STALKER dark......don't really care for that. Overall, I think it's pretty interesting, and I may keep messing with it to get it to look a little more like I want to see it.

the guy says that its not 100 percent. but it does make the textures in most cases look more realistic. lighting is probably the most basic but essential thing to get rite... and it will take a little tweaking to get it looking as it should... why?, not all monitors display the same range of colours or brightness and contrast.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I've also been messing the Crysis REALoaded mod(pack). http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=67342

This one also has its own set of issues, but tons of things I like.

It has the camera movement (bobbing) that I first experienced in the Extreme Immersive Mod. However, it seems to have been tweaked this time around because it went from being almost unbearable to absolutely perfect. This alone really takes Crysis up a huge notch. Combined with the new weapon handling mechanics, it gives a completely different, vastly more immersive feel to the game. It combines the Crysis super-smooth, responsive movement characteristics and the head bobbing in a way that makes even BF3's or Crysis 2's character movement feel mechanical.

The pack uses Real Lifesis ToD, but it's a modded version, and also uses a different autoexec, and honestly I don't really like what I'm seeing there. I'm going to mess with it to see if I can get it closer to what I want. Messing the SSAO settings in the autoexec helped a lot.

Hate the weapon sounds.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Gigabyte X58a-UD5

Core i7 930

6GB GSkill Pi

160GB Intel X25m SSD

(2) 698GB Seagate Barracuda ES drives (RAID 1)

Sapphire Toxic ATI 5850

Nothing very serious compared to most of the guys on this board for sure, especially the one I noticed in your sig! (jealousy smilie) ;) The 5850 is really showing its age.

I put it together almost 2 years ago.

pc2.jpg

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

Thx Hexit for the help and links will dl it and see if it makes a noticeable difference. Crysis looks beautiful regardless and im running it on a 720p lcd can't wait to get a 1080p for my gaming !!

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
After some more messing around with the autoexec on the REALoaded pack, I thought I'd throw up a few screenshots.

realcrysis1.jpg

realcrysis2.jpg

realcrysis3.jpg

Thanks to Xzero's POM/AF mod + Rygel's Textures, ground terrain looks amazing.
realcrysis4.jpg

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

32-40 FPS during non-combat. Heavy combat can drop it down into the high 20's. Remember, I'm running an antiquated old 5850 though.

That's 1680x1050 using the mod's settings (all "custom" with Edge AA, I have the game menu AA off). I was actually pretty surprised at how well it runs, considering those are roughly the same numbers I get with vanilla Crysis, if not lower. I think there are a few performance boosters in the autoexec that help keep the frame rates going.

I haven't really noticed much of a performance hit with any of the well-known CryDev mods (Xzero's POM/AF, Rygel's Textures, Silent's Foliage, etc), except for Xigmatek's Particle Mod (oustanding particle effects, though.....the best I've ever seen in any game).

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

That looks pretty sweet man !!! Stupid question I followed the instructions and dl the installer how do I know if the mod is active ingame ? Do I need to start a new game in order for the changes to take effect?

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Are you referring to REALoaded or just the Realifesis ToD mod?

In any ToD mod, you typically don't want to use previous game saves....sometimes they load but a lot of times they crash the game. It's best to restart a level, or if you want to replay the whole game, restart the game. If you aren't already aware, you can load up any level in Crysis by accessing the console at the game menu.

Hit the ~ button to pull up the console, then type "con_restricted 0"

Then type "map mapname" .... this will load up any level you want.

All the mapnames are in the Crysis/Game/Levels folder. (sphere, core, village, island, harbor, etc....)

If you're referring to REALoaded, make sure you're playing on Delta to get the AI tweaks to work.

If you have any more questions, let me know. Most of these mods also come with a README that usually does a good job of explaining the install.

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012

Sorry forgot to mention that lol I download the Realifesis mod that Hex put up. That's pretty cool that I can load any level I want to play. Being that im halfway thru the game I think I will just restart the level to see if the changes take efffect.

Yeah the instructions were pretty straight except for the fact that you have to reload the level or start a new game for the mod to work since im a noob at pc gaming I probally should of known that lol. Anyway you guys have been great with the help much appreciated for sure :)

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Ah yes.....that is one of the joys of PC gaming, especially for games like Crysis, that were developed take take advantage of PC capabilities. CryTek included their SDK (software development kit) with the game and left it open for some pretty deep modification to anyone with the skills to do so.....the community has really jumped on it, which is why so many killer mods are available.

The "console" I was referring to earlier also gives you access to do a lot of different things instantly and easily. There are around 1600 commands you can use in the console to change various game attributes....everything from lighting to AI behavior.

Guys have spent countless hours messing with these console commands and compile their favorites into autoexec.cfg files (something you've already encountered with the Realifesis mod). When you start up Crysis, the game looks into the autoexec.cfg file and runs the list of console commands in the file.

There is a core group of mods / texture packs I think are essential to making the game better. If you're interested in them, I'd be happy to put up some links and descriptions for you.

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
That would be awesome man. This is a learning exp for me so all this cool stuff is exciting to understand and be able to do.....Getting the most out of the game is a sweet deal considering that pc games are cheaper and offer more than what console games bring...

I noticed crysis has a mod tab in the game selection menu is this supposed to show the current mods u have ? Mine shows nothing ?

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

That tab only shows mods that some guys install in a "Mods" folder they create in the ../Crytek/Crysis directory. There's only a handful of mods I've used that actually install in the Mods folder. In other words, don't worry about that tab unless you install a mod that actually utilizes it (and the majority don't).

Solution

riv21

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Ah ok gotcha this game looks beautiful out of the box so it's hard for me to pick up on differences in detail lol Anything that I should look for in game to know that the mod is working ? Also do you use the aa x2 , 4 , 8 for better textures or keep it off ? My current tv only supports 720p with a 60hz refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.