EQ2: Fury AQ2 Bug, Plaguebringers

Hi,
I just finished Light Armor AQ2 and boy what a pain. I needed to kill 20
plaguebringers. They pop when you kill the groups of Caltorsis knights
around one of the foci by the Caltorsis ruins. Getting them to pop was no
problem, usually 4 to 6 of them would spawn. The problem was that after my
group killed them, I would only get credit for 1 kill instead of the 4 to 6
that we actually killed. It didn't happen everytime, but it happened enough
that my group was getting pissed (since they were all grey to us). Once,
halfway through, we got a message saying 'you will no longer receive xp for
this encounter' and I got none. What the heck is up with that? It took us
about 10 pops to get my 20 plaguebringers, instead of 4. Kudos to my group
for sticking with me, and my new bracers are oh so sweet, but what a mess.

Loon Boon
3 answers Last reply
More about fury plaguebringers

    LoonBoon wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I just finished Light Armor AQ2 and boy what a pain. I needed to
    > kill 20 plaguebringers. They pop when you kill the groups of
    > Caltorsis knights around one of the foci by the Caltorsis ruins. Getting
    > them to pop was no problem, usually 4 to 6 of them would
    > spawn. The problem was that after my group killed them, I would only
    > get credit for 1 kill instead of the 4 to 6 that we actually killed.

    Some groups spawn with only one of the right type of
    mob.

    > Once, halfway through, we got a message saying 'you will no longer receive
    > xp for this encounter' and I got none.

    There's a known bug with groups which include pet
    casters. You need to wait until they summon their
    pet. Since each of those groups has a pet caster,
    you need to wait a moment until the pet is summoned
    before engaging. That can take a few seconds -- and
    sometimes more -- as the caster runs through his buffs.

    Wolfie <dbgbdwolf@gte.net> wrote:
    > There's a known bug with groups which include pet
    > casters. You need to wait until they summon their
    > pet. Since each of those groups has a pet caster,
    > you need to wait a moment until the pet is summoned
    > before engaging. That can take a few seconds -- and
    > sometimes more -- as the caster runs through his buffs.

    So you should hail them and ask whether they are ready to be killed or
    not. :) Sorry, but some of these "bugs" are just plain funny!

    Hagen

    Hagen Sienhold wrote:
    > Wolfie <dbgbdwolf@gte.net> wrote:
    >> There's a known bug with groups which include pet
    >> casters. You need to wait until they summon their
    >> pet. Since each of those groups has a pet caster,
    >> you need to wait a moment until the pet is summoned
    >> before engaging. That can take a few seconds -- and
    >> sometimes more -- as the caster runs through his buffs.
    >
    > So you should hail them and ask whether they are ready to be killed or
    > not. :) Sorry, but some of these "bugs" are just plain funny!

    This bug is one of the byproducts of the locked encounter
    logic. When you aggro a group, you aggro the entire group.
    You can break the encounter either manually (by /yell) or
    by getting out of aggro range of a member of the group of
    mobs. So: aggro the group, caster mob pulls up pet, pet
    is NOT aggro'd, encounter breaks. Of course you're still
    in aggro range -- and probably engaged -- but the mobs
    haven't reset, so no XP (or quest credit) for you!

    It's a pretty nasty bug, especially where it's fairly common
    in the armor quests.

Video Games