Location for dual rad?

RearAdmiral

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
I just got a thermaltake v5000a. I'm looking to get water cooling with a dual rad. Where should I put the dual rad? should I cut a whole on the bottom for it and use a side fan as exhaust for the warm air?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I own the 7000A with the same chassis structure. You'll find no room anywhere to mount a kit without modification of course. I considered eliminating the top fan and mounting the hard drive rack up there, then mounting the radiator in front. I'm using the 120mm fan/radiator, so I'd probably want to enlarge the hole on front. With the hard drive rack removed there should be pleanty of room for the 120mm single fan radiator.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
Im using a dual Rad in my chieftec case, I cut 2x120mm holes in the top of the case a mounted the fans and rad there. I dunno if your case would be big enough for this though, Im using a full tower case.

<font color=blue>P4c 2.6@3.25
512Mb PC4000
2x120Gb 7200.7 in RAID0
Waterchill KT12-L30
Abit AI7
Radeon 9800Pro
</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, do you really need something that big? You'd probably be best off mounting it outside your case! It might be feasable to mount it on the back of the case, outside.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>