Windows XP Pro - Fatal Error When Playing Audio

When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
advice. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about windows fatal error playing audio

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:47:14 -0700, "rsanche1"
    <rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
    >get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
    >Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
    >I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
    >re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
    >some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
    >it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
    >advice. Thanks!
    What audio device do you have (make and model)
    Dave

    My motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6 and the VGA is a NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra
    400+MCP-S.

    "da_test" wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:47:14 -0700, "rsanche1"
    > <rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
    > >get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
    > >Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
    > >I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
    > >re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
    > >some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
    > >it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
    > >advice. Thanks!
    > What audio device do you have (make and model)
    > Dave

Audio Windows XP