Windows XP Pro - Fatal Error When Playing Audio

April 21, 2005 1:47:14 PM

When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
advice. Thanks!
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:36:16 PM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:47:14 -0700, "rsanche1"
<rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
>get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
>Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
>I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
>re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
>some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
>it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
>advice. Thanks!
What audio device do you have (make and model)
Dave
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 2:45:04 PM

My motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6 and the VGA is a NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra
400+MCP-S.

!