Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I recently bought a new Desktop the specs are :

AMD Athlon II x2 250 Processor (3.0Ghz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
8GB ram
Gigabyte M68MT-S2 Motherboard
A-500BR 500w power supply

Every time i play a game about 5-30 minutes in my screen goes black and says no signal. NEED HELP!!! This happens every time i play a game and its becoming annoying, i've tried a different monitor and it still happens! The Pc is only 1 month old

check your power settings also... make sure sleep mode is disabled for the display. if it starts doing it totaly randomly then check your connections, remove any kvm switches you may have. and check the temps of the VRM module on the gfx card. in gpu-z there under vddc phase temps

joedastudd

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
The only information I can find is its from a brand called Ace.

After a quick google its a low end brand and March last year they had a product banned as it was unsafe.

So personally I'd try replacing the psu if you've checked the temperatures.

chaarlie

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Really! :/ not to sure what to do? should i try and return the pc? or i was thinking of buying a new motherboard and adding a i5 2500k with a EVGA Nvidia GTX550Ti 1GB.. what do you think

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

If the PC is new, you are running into problems and don't know what to do, the best thing is to take back to the store to avoid warranty problems;

Anyways, this really looks like PSU problem;

or i was thinking of buying a new motherboard and adding a i5 2500k with a EVGA Nvidia GTX550Ti 1GB.. what do you think

If you can go for it, it is a good option but anyways you will need to change this PSU...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

No, you should first change your psu to check if it is really a psu problem, i would do that... if not, maybe the video card is with some problems...

NigeranBoi1

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I recently had the same problem but my problem was that i just needed to put more coal into it. Really loving it now, my 5500GT is top of the line and i am currently No.1 in the Call of Duty 2 Leadboards.

DM186

Splendid

Those temps are normal. On the Afterburner look for the Settings at the bottom click on that and that will bring up more info plus when you run your mouse over something it will give a brief message. Somewhere you can down load the user manual. You need to play around with it inorder to understand it.

If you can RMA your rig. Get a bigger case one so you have air flow and can add fan's to help cool it. I have a full tower with 7 case fans along with water cooling my CPU. Your PSU sounds like the problem. It might me overheating and shutting down.

Any GPU is good but don't get the GTX 550 Ti's. Most of the Games I can't play on max settings unless it is a strategy type game like Shogun 2 Total War and I can play on ultra. The cards way to much money for what they give. Either go with a HD 6950 or GTX 560 Ti. Either one of those cards will allow you to play most all the games on high.

chaarlie

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Ill try that afterburner thanks! My computer doesn't actually shut down the pc stays on i can still hear sound like skype and gameplay but the screen stays black ?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Yes that means your videocard stop working, may be not enough power, or too much heat, sometimes even wrong drivers but like u said, u updated the drivers...

It is not good to let this happens too much soon you can burn the videocard.

Years ago i had an old psu and burned 2 nvidia 6600, later i learned it was the psu, changed psu and of couse another video card (the older ones toasted...) and worked for a long time.

chaarlie

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
I have contacted the company and told them I want a refund. Thinking about getting these once i have the money back :

CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: EVGA GTX 550 ti
PSU: 600W ModxStream
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX -
DVD: Samsung 22x SATA DVD RW
CASE: Cooler Master 430 Elite

What do you think??

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Nice build, don't forget to add some ddr3 memory too ^^, there are lots of memory kits 2x4gb, i would go for corsair or g.skill...

DM186

Splendid

Nice rig but two things the GTX 550 Ti and your psu. Don't get it. If you try to play the top games of today it is going to let you down. A GTX 460 or a 6870 is better than the 550. They cost to much and not put out.

I know this is because I have two of them in SLI and I wish I know about this site before my build because I would have done something a lot different. Also your PSU is a OCZ it is on the good and bad line tier 3. It is rated to 40c if temps get that high you will loose power not a good PSU. Here is some bench marks for the 550's. And the list for the PSU's

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_550_Ti_Direct_Cu/23.html

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

chaarlie

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Btw... It was a bad power supply

I returned the pc they did some tests and put in a new GPU, but the problem was still there. I then got a refund :D

chaarlie

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah :D

I'm getting:

CPU: i5 2500k
Case: Cooler master Haf 912
Ram: 8Gb Corsair vengeance
Gpu: EVGA 560ti SC
Mobo: Asus p8z68 v lx
Psu: Corsair 650w TX
HDD: Western digital Caviar blue 500Gb