Windows Won't Start

HELP!! Recently my pc starting shutting down on it's own; well not
exactly shutting down, the hard drive would stay on, but the DSL light
blacks out and the monitor shuts off; have to hold button on hard drive
to turn pc off. This happened continuously; now the computer won't stay
on at all, everytime I boot up, it takes me to the XP startup screen
and blacks out; even tried starting in safe mode, still blacks out; has
my hard drive been invaded by trojans?? What can I do????

--
MzFloodie
1 answer Last reply

    Based on the series of worsening symptoms that you describe, it sounds
    suspiciously like a hardware problem. If you have no nerdish tendencies, I
    highly recommend you take the PC to a good shop for troubleshooting.

    "MzFloodie" <MzFloodie.1nv3pm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > HELP!! Recently my pc starting shutting down on it's own; well not
    > exactly shutting down, the hard drive would stay on, but the DSL light
    > blacks out and the monitor shuts off; have to hold button on hard drive
    > to turn pc off. This happened continuously; now the computer won't stay
    > on at all, everytime I boot up, it takes me to the XP startup screen
    > and blacks out; even tried starting in safe mode, still blacks out; has
    > my hard drive been invaded by trojans?? What can I do????
    >

    > --
    > MzFloodie

Hard Drives Windows XP