How good is my Computer for gaming?

i just wanted to know if i will be able to play newer games with my notebook i would prefer to play swtor

stats

Processor: AMD Turion II p540 dual core 2.4 GHz
Ram: 4GB (3.74GB usable)
Windows 7 64bit
Graphics: AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon HD 4250 mem. 1968
my graphics says its running in 32 bit although i have a 64 bit system im not sure if those are supposed to match

if i need a new Graphics card please suggest one

here are the system requirements for swtor

http://buy.swtor.com/us/?intcmp=eaint664#system-requirements
8 answers Last reply
More about good computer gaming
  1. ur processor and gpu is not good upgrade it to core i5 andi7 and gpu to gtx 460
  2. Roni Sarkar said:
    ur processor and gpu is not good upgrade it to core i5 andi7 and gpu to gtx 460

Turion's are laptop/netbook only and mobility label on the gpu/integrated both point to this being a laptop/netbook :sarcastic: , it that wasn't enough he/she says its a laptop in the first line.

I agree the graphics card, which is integrated is pretty bad, but it can't be upgraded as its a laptop.

You should be able to run 4 or 5 year old games fairly well, but only with the settings toned down.
  3. are you sure its windows 7 64 bit as you stated 4gb ram(3.74gb usable) which is normal for a 32 bit machine
  4. Short answer is that you can't upgrade, unfortunately. Either get a new notebook capable of running the games you want to play or go for a desktop gaming system. The latter tends to be the better option, if it is an option for you, because you can either spend the same money as you would on a laptop and get a better system or go for comparable specs on the desktop and save money. A desktop is also upgradeable in the future.
  5. Roni Sarkar said:
    ur processor and gpu is not good upgrade it to core i5 andi7 and gpu to gtx 460

Anonymous said:
    Turion's are laptop/netbook only and mobility label on the gpu/integrated both point to this being a laptop/netbook :sarcastic: , it that wasn't enough he/she says its a laptop in the first line.

:lol:
  6. seriously?!? a "gaming" notebook with integrated graphics? :D try to google "gaming laptops/notebooks" and you'll see the difference.
  7. Nothing to do here
  8. Thank you all.
    Although I was under the impression that you could upgrade to a new Graphics chip according to what I have seen online and on the AMD website
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Video Games