Sign in with
Your question

How good is my Computer for gaming?

Last response: in Video Games
January 9, 2012 3:07:19 AM

i just wanted to know if i will be able to play newer games with my notebook i would prefer to play swtor

stats

Processor: AMD Turion II p540 dual core 2.4 GHz
Ram: 4GB (3.74GB usable)
Windows 7 64bit
Graphics: AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon HD 4250 mem. 1968
my graphics says its running in 32 bit although i have a 64 bit system im not sure if those are supposed to match

if i need a new Graphics card please suggest one

here are the system requirements for swtor

http://buy.swtor.com/us/?intcmp=eaint664#system-require...

More about : good computer gaming

January 9, 2012 6:01:08 AM

ur processor and gpu is not good upgrade it to core i5 andi7 and gpu to gtx 460
m
l
January 9, 2012 6:59:34 AM

Roni Sarkar said:

Turion's are laptop/netbook only and mobility label on the gpu/integrated both point to this being a laptop/netbook :sarcastic:  , it that wasn't enough he/she says its a laptop in the first line.

I agree the graphics card, which is integrated is pretty bad, but it can't be upgraded as its a laptop.

You should be able to run 4 or 5 year old games fairly well, but only with the settings toned down.
m
l
Related resources
January 9, 2012 8:51:25 AM

are you sure its windows 7 64 bit as you stated 4gb ram(3.74gb usable) which is normal for a 32 bit machine
m
l
January 9, 2012 9:05:37 AM

Short answer is that you can't upgrade, unfortunately. Either get a new notebook capable of running the games you want to play or go for a desktop gaming system. The latter tends to be the better option, if it is an option for you, because you can either spend the same money as you would on a laptop and get a better system or go for comparable specs on the desktop and save money. A desktop is also upgradeable in the future.
m
l
January 9, 2012 9:12:02 AM

Roni Sarkar said:

joedastudd said:
Turion's are laptop/netbook only and mobility label on the gpu/integrated both point to this being a laptop/netbook :sarcastic:  , it that wasn't enough he/she says its a laptop in the first line.

:lol: 
m
l
January 9, 2012 11:02:47 AM

seriously?!? a "gaming" notebook with integrated graphics? :D  try to google "gaming laptops/notebooks" and you'll see the difference.
m
l
January 9, 2012 3:18:48 PM

Thank you all.
Although I was under the impression that you could upgrade to a new Graphics chip according to what I have seen online and on the AMD website
m
l
!