Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hey Guys,

Have this new set up:

Crossfire 6870
Phenom x4 980 BE
750w PSU (not sure brand, modular)
m588x evo Mobo

Running Skyrim is going well except for some serious shadow flickering, and when I press escape the menu isn't black, but seizure yellow. It's not unplayable. System detects it can run at High, and I'm getting great FPS other than these issues.

Mod suggestions?
Driver Problem?
GPU breaking?

Thanks!!

Solution
Hi, yeah, AMD has been late on CF drivers for release, don't know on the state of things at the moment. Have you tried 12.1 drivers?

Also, I've heard if you turn shadow quality up or down it sometimes fixes flickering.

camelpolo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hey, I'm finding more and more about this: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst121Previewdriver.aspx

It seems that for both SWTOR and Skyrim, crossfire has not been optimized for these games.

There is a fix to connect the .exe files to crossfire in order to make it run (not sure the exact process, takes some google searching) but you need to have this preview driver installed.

Even then, the upside isn't that great. The dual cards still run very loud, and with Skyrim, you should be able to play with most things at Ultra with your card - just no AA or AF.

Hope that helps you as well!

camelpolo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
So yes, I would just turn crossfire off when running these games, it looks like we need to wait on AMD.

Quieter system, not as great graphics, but still most definitely playable.

Hi, yeah, AMD has been late on CF drivers for release, don't know on the state of things at the moment. Have you tried 12.1 drivers?

Also, I've heard if you turn shadow quality up or down it sometimes fixes flickering.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.