Last response: in Video Games
January 9, 2012 12:42:12 PM

Hey Guys,

Have this new set up:

Crossfire 6870
Phenom x4 980 BE
750w PSU (not sure brand, modular)
m588x evo Mobo

Running Skyrim is going well except for some serious shadow flickering, and when I press escape the menu isn't black, but seizure yellow. It's not unplayable. System detects it can run at High, and I'm getting great FPS other than these issues.

Mod suggestions?
Driver Problem?
GPU breaking?

Thanks!!

More about : skyrim flicker problem

January 17, 2012 1:18:11 PM

same problem here...

Phenom II x4 955
HD 5850 X2 Crossfire
8GB Memory
Score
January 17, 2012 1:48:32 PM

Hey, I'm finding more and more about this: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst121P...

It seems that for both SWTOR and Skyrim, crossfire has not been optimized for these games.

There is a fix to connect the .exe files to crossfire in order to make it run (not sure the exact process, takes some google searching) but you need to have this preview driver installed.

Even then, the upside isn't that great. The dual cards still run very loud, and with Skyrim, you should be able to play with most things at Ultra with your card - just no AA or AF.

Hope that helps you as well!
Score
Related resources
January 17, 2012 1:49:38 PM

So yes, I would just turn crossfire off when running these games, it looks like we need to wait on AMD.

Quieter system, not as great graphics, but still most definitely playable.
Score

Best solution

January 17, 2012 2:51:41 PM

Hi, yeah, AMD has been late on CF drivers for release, don't know on the state of things at the moment. Have you tried 12.1 drivers?

Also, I've heard if you turn shadow quality up or down it sometimes fixes flickering.
January 26, 2012 11:49:56 PM

Best answer selected by Camelpolo.
Score
January 27, 2012 11:02:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!