lynn

when i startup my computer the welcome page appears and i can click onto my
icon for my area then it takes about 15 mins to go to the wallpaper i have
but there is no icons at all - no start or even a bottom toolbar - so i
cannot use this window at all, i have tried safe mode and tried to recover at
an earlier time but the problem still exists - how can i get my desktop back?

I have a similar problem. There are three users on this PC. Two load fine
even between 'log off' and 'log on' but the third only opens as normal from a
clean start up. Exactly the same as Lynn if this one user is attempted to log
on from the Welcome screen. An age to load wallpaper and then no icons or
control. Does not even respond to 'ctrl-alt-delete'. Only way out is to
switch off PC power button. Like Lynn, 'system restore' failed to remedy.