FYI

| HP Recall on 900,000 Notebooks |
| from the thats-a-lotta-laptops dept. |
| posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday June 27, @10:56 (hp) |
| http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/27/1338201 |

[0]phycoman writes "900,000 HP and Compaq laptops have potential memory
issues and [1]are being recalled. The RAM chips from four manufacturers
can possibly lead to system corruption and lockups. The affected
notebooks are Compaq Evo Notebook N610c, Compaq Evo Notebook N610v,
Compaq Evo Notebook N620c, Compaq Evo Notebook N800c, Compaq Evo Notebook
N800v, Compaq Evo Notebook N800w, Compaq Evo Notebook N1000c, Compaq Evo
Notebook N1000v, Compaq Presario 1500, Compaq Presario 2800, Compaq
Presario x1000, Compaq Presario x1200, HP Compaq Business Notebook nx7000
and HP Pavilion zt3000. As a result, HP has [2]created a website whick
allows users to download a program to test for faulty RAM chips."

....don't think it only applies to notebook. I HAD a desktop presario 6000
that had major lock up problems. After many trip to repair, HP gave me my
money back...

"Kevin Childers" <kchilder@mail.win.org> wrote in message
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | HP Recall on 900,000 Notebooks |
> | from the thats-a-lotta-laptops dept. |
> | posted by CmdrTaco on Sunday June 27, @10:56 (hp) |
> | http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/27/1338201 |
> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> [0]phycoman writes "900,000 HP and Compaq laptops have potential memory
> issues and [1]are being recalled. The RAM chips from four manufacturers
> can possibly lead to system corruption and lockups. The affected
> notebooks are Compaq Evo Notebook N610c, Compaq Evo Notebook N610v,
> Compaq Evo Notebook N620c, Compaq Evo Notebook N800c, Compaq Evo Notebook
> N800v, Compaq Evo Notebook N800w, Compaq Evo Notebook N1000c, Compaq Evo
> Notebook N1000v, Compaq Presario 1500, Compaq Presario 2800, Compaq
> Presario x1000, Compaq Presario x1200, HP Compaq Business Notebook nx7000
> and HP Pavilion zt3000. As a result, HP has [2]created a website whick
> allows users to download a program to test for faulty RAM chips."

deep

Uhhh... Notebook memory and PC memory are physically different... Can't be
the same thing...

Deep