urian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I'm looking for a new PCU before I start upgrading the rest of my system.

I was thinking of something in the 450w class so that I hopefully won't be needing to upgrade too soon again :).

My major criterias are <b> silence </b> and stability. I've understood that Fortron are quite noisy and I haven't been able to find any SilenX products (I live in Finland).

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Zalman makes quiet power supplies using Fortron Source internals and their own cooling solution. I believe they're a german company, so if they're not available in Finland, at least you can get them from another EU country.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

urian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Looks interesting. I've been to their site countless of times looking for fans but it never occured to me that they've got PSUs too :)

I'ev also been looking at the Thermaltake Purepower (maybe butterfly) 480w, any thought on that one?

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_This_Week_Only_25.html" target="_new">http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_This_Week_Only_25.html</A> are doing a special deal on akasa powmax PSU's at the moment I have one of these in my current computer and it is great. It is 460W, has 1x120mm fan (rated at 18Db) and voltages are all very stable.
Overclockers.co.uk delievers to Europe aswell.

urian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
The Akasa does sure look nice but ordering from ocerclockers.co.uk would mean that I'd have to pay over £110 for it since the P&P to Finlabnd is over £45... :frown:

urian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
I ordered the Zalman ZM400B-APS, should get it early next week.

IIRC Zalman is a Korean company, though their products are available almost everywhere.