Creating Backup CD with XP Pro with SP2 preinstalled on th..

April 24, 2005 12:02:01 PM

I have just recieved my new desktop computer with XP Pro. + SP2 preinstalled
on the machine. I would like to make a Backup CD or DVD, though I have been
trying to do just that with no such success. Maybe I am attempting to
accomplish this in the wrong way... This is how I have tried...

Start>Help & Support>Tools>Backup>Backup or Restore Wizard.

No matter what option I select I am unable to create a good backup or
recovery CD or DVD for my machine. I have looked at the Microsoft site for
getting a replacement CD and have not been successful there. I need to
create a disk that I will be able to completely recover my system in the
event of a total failure crash in windows.

You would think Microsoft would be more supporting for their customers.

Can anyone help

~Diego
Sapper3273(at)yahoo.com
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 2:14:45 PM

Norton Ghost v9.0
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

Animated Shockwave Ghost tutorial with sound
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/tutorial/ghost_2002/20...

How to perform a disk-to-disk clone
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/pfdocs/2...

Introduction to cloning a Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP computer
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/19...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP