Creating Backup CD with XP Pro with SP2 preinstalled on th..

I have just recieved my new desktop computer with XP Pro. + SP2 preinstalled
on the machine. I would like to make a Backup CD or DVD, though I have been
trying to do just that with no such success. Maybe I am attempting to
accomplish this in the wrong way... This is how I have tried...

Start>Help & Support>Tools>Backup>Backup or Restore Wizard.

No matter what option I select I am unable to create a good backup or
recovery CD or DVD for my machine. I have looked at the Microsoft site for
getting a replacement CD and have not been successful there. I need to
create a disk that I will be able to completely recover my system in the
event of a total failure crash in windows.

You would think Microsoft would be more supporting for their customers.

Can anyone help

~Diego
Sapper3273(at)yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about creating backup preinstalled

    Norton Ghost v9.0
    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    Animated Shockwave Ghost tutorial with sound
    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/tutorial/ghost_2002/2001032917165825_s.html

    How to perform a disk-to-disk clone
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/pfdocs/2001032917165825

    Introduction to cloning a Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP computer
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/docid/1999070716282425?Open&src=&docid=1999050308324125&nsf=ghost.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Steelsapper" wrote:

    | I have just recieved my new desktop computer with XP Pro. + SP2 preinstalled
    | on the machine. I would like to make a Backup CD or DVD, though I have been
    | trying to do just that with no such success. Maybe I am attempting to
    | accomplish this in the wrong way... This is how I have tried...
    |
    | Start>Help & Support>Tools>Backup>Backup or Restore Wizard.
    |
    | No matter what option I select I am unable to create a good backup or
    | recovery CD or DVD for my machine. I have looked at the Microsoft site for
    | getting a replacement CD and have not been successful there. I need to
    | create a disk that I will be able to completely recover my system in the
    | event of a total failure crash in windows.
    |
    | You would think Microsoft would be more supporting for their customers.
    |
    | Can anyone help
    |
    | ~Diego
    | Sapper3273(at)yahoo.com

Backup CD-Rom Windows XP