Whats the best racing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sad to say i dont have a fave on pc... the closest the pc has come to a decent race sim is shift 2 but that needs mods to get it to handle as a real car does.
gt4 on ps2 tears holes in gt5 and forza has always been a bit second rate as its seriously limited by the hardware... forza 2 was probably the best version of the series because it pushed the hardware with no compromise, i cant say the same for the next iterations where they removed some visuals to get the frame rate up then put them back in its photo mode. only to claim that the extra gfx were in game footage(well they were if you wernt actualy playing)... but still thats sneaky...

over all there is little that compares with gt4 on any platform which is a real shame...

gt5 turned into a bad joke... they seem to have stripped out the physics and made every car handle virtualy exactly the same... there is no difference in handling between a MR and FR drive cars and FF cars drive like they are 4x4's, after so long in development it was a real shame that the game didnt do its forerunners justice...

as for arcade racers... need for speed most wanted had the most fun factor... climbing the rankings game the game depth that hadnt been seen since underground... so that would be number 1 for my arcade racer choice. well that and midnight club 3 dub edition on ps2. which really did have the best modding system of any game b4 or since... simple, easy to use and gave great looking results...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
I asked this same question a few weeks ago and had Shift 2 recommended to me. After buying it, it was good enough to inspire me to get a driving force pro wheel from logitech. I would rate it very highly although it is not a forgiving game. You might be able to play it with a gamepad, but playing with a keyboard is like pulling teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.