Windows XP Pro won't start

kelly

When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
any further. Any Suggestions please?

Do you have a CD and can you boot from it?

"Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
> freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
> pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
> any further. Any Suggestions please?

kelly

No sorry - I am unable to load from CD. What would you suggest I do from
here? I can't get a cd or disk to load.

"T. Waters" wrote:

> Do you have a CD and can you boot from it?
>
> "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
> > freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
> > pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
> > any further. Any Suggestions please?

kelly

T. Waters- I guess I can answer my question myself, right? I guess I'm going
to have to buy a new hard drive right?

"Kelly" wrote:

> No sorry - I am unable to load from CD. What would you suggest I do from
> here? I can't get a cd or disk to load.
>
> "T. Waters" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a CD and can you boot from it?
> >
> > "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
> > > freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
> > > pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
> > > any further. Any Suggestions please?

kelly

Hi T. Waters. I spoke with a friend who suggested I unplug the internal
DVD-ROM drive that was causing the problem in the first place. I was then
able to boot up my PC into Windows. However, I don't know how to deinstall
the firmware upgrade that caused my original problem. I have sent an email
to Samsung hoping they might know. Would you be able to instruct me on where
to find instructions on how to do this please? Thank you.

"T. Waters" wrote:

> Do you have a CD and can you boot from it?
>
> "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
> > freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
> > pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
> > any further. Any Suggestions please?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:14:03 -0700, "Kelly"
<Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi T. Waters. I spoke with a friend who suggested I unplug the internal
>DVD-ROM drive that was causing the problem in the first place. I was then
>able to boot up my PC into Windows. However, I don't know how to deinstall
>the firmware upgrade that caused my original problem. I have sent an email
>to Samsung hoping they might know. Would you be able to instruct me on where
>to find instructions on how to do this please? Thank you.
>
>"T. Waters" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a CD and can you boot from it?
>>
>> "Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I installed a new DVD-rom firmware file, and then rebooted my PC, it
>> > freezes on the DELL logo screen. Unable to access Recovery screen by
>> > pressing F8. When I press F2, it freezes on "Entering Setup" and won't go
>> > any further. Any Suggestions please?

In general, the firmware is not uninstalled,
rather, you have to find the previous version of the firmware and
redo it. Did you flash with incompatible firmware, or did the flash
go wrong?
If you're unable to find anything thru Samsung, try here:
http://forum.rpc1.org/
They have a good forum and you can get some more
help there.
Dave

Try powering on the computer and hitting "ctrl + F11" key when you see the
Dell Screen.