Can't remove adware from Registry

I removed a software adware called Altmet, from the control panel, add/remove
programs
not all was removed
I try to delet it from the registry I get
(Error Deleting Key/ Cannot delete Altnet: Error while deleting Key.)
I ran System Machanic 5 And that didn't work it's still there.
What can I do now?
4 answers Last reply
More about remove adware registry

    Did you restart after you removed the program thru control panel??
    peterk

    safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I removed a software adware called Altmet, from the control panel,
    >add/remove
    > programs
    > not all was removed
    > I try to delet it from the registry I get
    > (Error Deleting Key/ Cannot delete Altnet: Error while deleting Key.)
    > I ran System Machanic 5 And that didn't work it's still there.
    > What can I do now?

    Yes I did.
    are there override keys that can use to overide the can not delete.

    "peterk" wrote:

    > Did you restart after you removed the program thru control panel??
    > peterk
    >
    > --
    > "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
    > safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    > sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    > used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    > "SM" <SM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I removed a software adware called Altmet, from the control panel,
    > >add/remove
    > > programs
    > > not all was removed
    > > I try to delet it from the registry I get
    > > (Error Deleting Key/ Cannot delete Altnet: Error while deleting Key.)
    > > I ran System Machanic 5 And that didn't work it's still there.
    > > What can I do now?

    Yes I restated the pc,
    are there over ride keys that I can use to override the can not delete?

    "SM" wrote:

    > I removed a software adware called Altmet, from the control panel, add/remove
    > programs
    > not all was removed
    > I try to delet it from the registry I get
    > (Error Deleting Key/ Cannot delete Altnet: Error while deleting Key.)
    > I ran System Machanic 5 And that didn't work it's still there.
    > What can I do now?

    Do a Google for a program called RegCleaner4.1.
    It lets you safely scan XP registry and lets you delete unnecesary keys in
    the registry.
    Also look for Adaware SE Personal which scans your system for adware and
    lets you remove it.
    Also Sysbot Search&destroy.
    All of these are free tools to help keep your system ad free

    > Yes I restated the pc,
    > are there over ride keys that I can use to override the can not delete?
    >
    > "SM" wrote:
    >
    >> I removed a software adware called Altmet, from the control panel,
    >> add/remove
    >> programs
    >> not all was removed
    >> I try to delet it from the registry I get
    >> (Error Deleting Key/ Cannot delete Altnet: Error while deleting Key.)
    >> I ran System Machanic 5 And that didn't work it's still there.
    >> What can I do now?

Control Panel Registry Microsoft Windows XP