Sounds - Startup and Closing Jingles!, How to get them back?

Hi,

A question about the sound on the PC. The Window's startup and closing
jingle will not play ever sense I unwisely but temporarily had a beta program
installed on my PC, Windows XP SP 2 OS. Actually it was removing the bate
program after it was causing problems that it took the Windows startup and
closing jingles with it. The jingles are still there in the Window's Sound
and Audio Devices but know matter what I do to reactivate them from Window's
Sound and Audio Devices they just will not reactivate. They are there but
wont reactive! Anyone know a real solution to this that doesn't involve a
total reinstall? Thanks.

John

John, maybe Kelly can help http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select S and scroll to Sounds