eq2 latest patch

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs. Now, i
find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all the
groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that is
the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea creatures.
In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself. At least the
commonlands seemed to occasionally have a group fighting pirates.

Now, I've tried to enjoy that but after being in group after group where
there was no socialising because it got in the way of grinding, no
exploration because grinding means staying still or wandering little at
best, and no fund but the joy of watching an xp bar move, I decided that
soloing was the path for me, at least until i could find people interested
in something other than what they call an "xp group".

Then in the latest patch, they increased the damage output of grouped
monsters. Now, as a soloer I depend on quests because fighting mobs alone
doesn't give you much xp or gear, but the trouble is, the quests are often
for grouped mobs (eg timberclaws). Suddenly i find that I'm being hit harder
and losing more often. "Oh joy" I thought, "SOE has nerfed soloing ...
again....".

I played EQlive till 58 and noticed they often changed things to make things
harder for the soloer... making mobs immune to snare, unnamed mobs summoned,
etc and it was only recently that they admitted in EQlive that it was their
policy to discourage soloing.

So anyhow, that attitude seems to have moved over to EQ2. Once again, I'm
regretting the time/money investment I've made in a game where they change
the rules to diminish my enjoyment for no apparent reason but their loathing
of the ungrouped player.

Time to move on. I'm checking out WOW as soon as I can find a store nearby
that sells it, as the local EB pretty mcuh just sells xbox stuff now.

Ralph Najena 18 crus.
55 answers Last reply
More about latest patch
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:43:52 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote:

    >In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs. Now, i
    >find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all the
    >groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that is
    >the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
    >because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
    >evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea creatures.
    >In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself.

    Funny, I see people fighting gnoll camps in Antonica all the time.
    Conversely, I rarely see -anyone- fighting stags...

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord
    (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as hell)

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    In article <sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Shadow wrote:
    > Now, I've tried to enjoy that but after being in group after group where
    > there was no socialising because it got in the way of grinding, no
    > exploration because grinding means staying still or wandering little at
    > best, and no fund but the joy of watching an xp bar move, I decided that
    > soloing was the path for me, at least until i could find people interested
    > in something other than what they call an "xp group".

    They should make it so that if a group kills the same mobs repeatedly, that
    group becomes PvP-enabled, with no level restriction. Then, you'd have
    griefers camping the campers. :-)

    More seriously, they should consider a bonus system like DAoC uses. When
    you come to a fresh camp in DAoC and kill all the mobs, you get a big XP
    bonus. You'll also get a bonus on the respawn. (And maybe the
    re-respawn...I think they can adjust how long the bonus lasts). Then the
    bonus goes away.

    The bonus is big enough that moving makes a big difference. I played a
    Necro solo to 50 (Necros are the fastest-leveling solo class in the game),
    and the entire point was to reach 50 (accounts that reach 50 are allowed to
    start new characters at 20, which is great for people like me that want to
    try a lot of classes, and don't want to keep doing the newbie levels over
    and over and over), so maximizing XP rate was very important. Going on big
    circuits around a whole region gave a lot more XP than sticking to one camp
    or trying to bounce between two or three camps.

    --
    --Tim Smith
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs. Now,
    i
    > find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all the
    > groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that is
    > the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
    > because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
    > evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea
    creatures.
    > In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself. At least the
    > commonlands seemed to occasionally have a group fighting pirates.

    > Time to move on. I'm checking out WOW as soon as I can find a store nearby
    > that sells it, as the local EB pretty mcuh just sells xbox stuff now.
    >
    Najena you say, CIHYS?

    ;)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    news:4oJCd.103924$K7.10018@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    > news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs.
    Now,
    > i
    > > find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all
    the
    > > groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that
    is
    > > the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
    > > because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
    > > evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea
    > creatures.
    > > In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself. At least
    the
    > > commonlands seemed to occasionally have a group fighting pirates.
    >
    > > Time to move on. I'm checking out WOW as soon as I can find a store
    nearby
    > > that sells it, as the local EB pretty mcuh just sells xbox stuff now.
    > >
    > Najena you say, CIHYS?
    >
    > ;)
    >
    >
    Ok, I'll give it to you when i get WOW, what's your characters name?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:A3KCd.103993$K7.57235@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    > "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    > news:4oJCd.103924$K7.10018@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > >
    > > >
    > > Najena you say, CIHYS?
    > >
    > > ;)
    > >
    > >
    > Ok, I'll give it to you when i get WOW, what's your characters name?
    >
    >
    Hehehe..you got me now, nobody ever really expects to get anything ;)


    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana
    eq.bristlebane.Simonette
    eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    news:8aKCd.104068$K7.51140@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    > news:A3KCd.103993$K7.57235@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > >
    > > "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    > > news:4oJCd.103924$K7.10018@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > > >
    > > > >
    > > > Najena you say, CIHYS?
    > > >
    > > > ;)
    > > >
    > > >
    > > Ok, I'll give it to you when i get WOW, what's your characters name?
    > >
    > >
    > Hehehe..you got me now, nobody ever really expects to get anything ;)
    >
    >
    > --
    > eq2.najena.Simonette
    > eq2.najena.Floriana
    > eq.bristlebane.Simonette
    > eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus
    >
    >

    It is not that awesome, just crusader gear. I've got quite a few pristine
    maple boxes and a heap of raw materials I was going to process until i found
    out everything i make seemed to rely on coral, and i could never find the
    damn stuff, and i can't afford a gold piece for a shot at a tradeskill. I'm
    hoping to get WOW this week but the shops locally are totally focussed on
    xbox etc so it might take a trip. EQ2 i ended up getting through mail order,
    and even then they stuffed it up and it was a week late, so I'd rather buy
    from a shop.

    Anyone know a shop in sydney with it in stock? And the approx price?

    I've really gotten tired of pick up groups. This arvo I joined up with an 18
    cleric and a 16 sorcerer in blackburrow. The latter didn't seem able to
    speak english, and the cleric wanted us to jump down to the bottom from the
    bridge. I pointed out I didn't know the zone and wanted to fight down but
    the cleric was insistant. Ok, got to the bottom, and the cleric invited a 20
    druid, which worried me as eq2 level ranges are extremely narrow. Something
    attacked (I couldn't see it, and my questions were ignored) and the next
    thing i know the druid gated out, the cleric is dead, the sorcerer is either
    ignoring me or unable to understand english, and I'm fighting all by my
    lonesome. Almost made it too, but soloing white ++ mobs is not recommended.

    So everyone but the druid dies, the druid disbands, then the cleric does and
    starts shouting for a new group, and i revive and make my painful way back.
    The sorcerer dies enroute to BB and ignores my questions some more about
    what he was fighting. Great, more xp debt. I get to the bridge, and explain
    to the sorcerer a few times that i can't see us fighting our way out after
    we jump down to our shards, so i think the best thing is to gate out after
    and disband rather than start all over again from the bind point (a long
    boring run from graystone), but he doesn't get it, so i give up, get shard,
    get mended, port out, log out, and call a few shops to find out they don't
    have WOW either.

    So yes, you can have my stuff, i'd even give you my character if there was
    an easy way to do so, although with the measly 4 slots allowed that could be
    a problem.

    Ralph 18 crus temporarily
    Najena
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:zxLCd.104243$K7.21083@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    >
    > Anyone know a shop in sydney with it in stock? And the approx price?
    >

    EB games or Electronic Boutique has a few copies, not sure of the price
    however- you can purchase online also (or you were able to last time I
    looked).

    > So everyone but the druid dies, the druid disbands, then the cleric does
    and
    > starts shouting for a new group, and i revive and make my painful way
    back.
    > The sorcerer dies enroute to BB and ignores my questions some more about
    > what he was fighting. Great, more xp debt. I get to the bridge, and
    explain
    > to the sorcerer a few times that i can't see us fighting our way out after
    > we jump down to our shards, so i think the best thing is to gate out after
    > and disband rather than start all over again from the bind point (a long
    > boring run from graystone), but he doesn't get it, so i give up, get
    shard,
    > get mended, port out, log out, and call a few shops to find out they don't
    > have WOW either.
    >

    My other half and I joined a really good aussie guild so we have found it
    better to get more reliable groups.
    Have you approached any? Some of the bigger ones like Southern Cross and
    Aurora Australis have closed their recruitment temporarily, but there are
    others about to suit different types of players (ie older, family, raiding).

    That being said though, we did round out our group with some non-guildies,
    and we ended up wiping in the first fight.
    The 2 other guys who were guilded were great about it, but the othe one was
    going on in l33t speak about how we were all newbs and how much xp debt he
    had and generally carrying on like a pork chop.
    He ended up being kicked from the group where we picked up another person
    who helped us with our shard recovery etc, and we invited him to stay.
    He ended up dying about 12 times, he would not stay put when asked and I
    think I ended up with about 45% debt which I am still working off.
    You get that =)
    It was only because of a guildie coming to TS that I recovered my 2 shards,
    and given we have only been members for a couple of weeks I was really
    impressed with the help we have received.

    I don't think it matters what game you play you will always get the
    griefers, idiots but also meet nice people along the way.


    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana
    eq.bristlebane.Simonette
    eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:37:27 GMT, "Pamela Carlton"
    <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:

    >"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    >news:zxLCd.104243$K7.21083@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >>
    >>
    >> Anyone know a shop in sydney with it in stock? And the approx price?
    >>
    >
    >EB games or Electronic Boutique has a few copies, not sure of the price
    >however- you can purchase online also (or you were able to last time I
    >looked).

    Absolutely everyplace I've found online has been backordered for at
    least the past week. A post in the Bliz forums says they're holding
    off shipping any more copies saying something about wanting to be sure
    everyone who purchased the game has an enjoyable experience. (I
    believe they're having server stability issues with the rush of new
    Christmas players... )

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord
    (I have no association with this site. Just thought it was funny as hell)

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Graeme Faelban wrote:
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    > news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au:
    >
    > > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped
    mobs.
    >
    > I can't say as I've noticed any damage output increase.

    I sure noticed the difference. The bears in EL hit me with two
    barrages in a row that were 550-650 each. Definately made me take
    notice, and hightail it back to the docks :)
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:

    > True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by the game
    > dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced dependence on others is
    > not fun. Sure, group member should level faster and have better gear, in the
    > way raiders should be better than groupers, i don't have a problem with
    > that. There should however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As
    > a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for example,
    > and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing their way to the
    > top, they don't fight those gnolls.

    Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the appropriate
    level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of the bridge
    near Blackburrow, IIRC).

    And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    Runnyeye.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >
    >> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by the
    >> game
    >> dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced dependence on others
    >> is
    >> not fun. Sure, group member should level faster and have better gear, in
    >> the
    >> way raiders should be better than groupers, i don't have a problem with
    >> that. There should however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun.
    >> As
    >> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for example,
    >> and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing their way to the
    >> top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >
    > Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the appropriate
    > level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of the bridge
    > near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >
    > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    > lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    > Runnyeye.

    Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that the
    poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group to complete
    it. With fewer low level players around to help these sort of quests are
    becoming too difficult.

    I'm also amazed that SOE have made it even more difficult to solo mob
    groups. What happened to the promise of more content for solo players? It
    seems they are obsessed with making people play in groups.

    I'm enjoying myself so far in EQ2 but there a huge amount of problems with
    it. If it wasnt due to the fact that WoW isnt out in the UK yet I would have
    quit last month.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >
    > > True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by the
    game
    > > dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced dependence on others
    is
    > > not fun. Sure, group member should level faster and have better gear, in
    the
    > > way raiders should be better than groupers, i don't have a problem with
    > > that. There should however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun.
    As
    > > a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    example,
    > > and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing their way to
    the
    > > top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >
    > Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the appropriate
    > level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of the bridge
    > near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >
    > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    > lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    > Runnyeye.

    Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight, unless
    'AQ1' means doing that?

    Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from green +
    mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.

    Ralph, still stuck with the timberclaws,
    Najena.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    just in addition to the previous story, i finally found 2 others interested
    in killing timeberclaws, we bashed stags until night fall and ... the server
    crashed.

    Argh!

    Went to chat and it was full of angry aussies asking why they don't have a
    local server. Gm said to feedback it. A brave answer in my opinion!

    Ralph,
    Najena (locked)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs. Now,
    > i
    > find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all the
    > groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that is
    > the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
    > because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
    > evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea
    > creatures.
    > In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself. At least the
    > commonlands seemed to occasionally have a group fighting pirates.
    >
    > Now, I've tried to enjoy that but after being in group after group where
    > there was no socialising because it got in the way of grinding, no
    > exploration because grinding means staying still or wandering little at
    > best, and no fund but the joy of watching an xp bar move, I decided that
    > soloing was the path for me, at least until i could find people interested
    > in something other than what they call an "xp group".
    >
    > Then in the latest patch, they increased the damage output of grouped
    > monsters. Now, as a soloer I depend on quests because fighting mobs alone
    > doesn't give you much xp or gear, but the trouble is, the quests are often
    > for grouped mobs (eg timberclaws). Suddenly i find that I'm being hit
    > harder
    > and losing more often. "Oh joy" I thought, "SOE has nerfed soloing ...
    > again....".
    >
    > I played EQlive till 58 and noticed they often changed things to make
    > things
    > harder for the soloer... making mobs immune to snare, unnamed mobs
    > summoned,
    > etc and it was only recently that they admitted in EQlive that it was
    > their
    > policy to discourage soloing.
    >
    > So anyhow, that attitude seems to have moved over to EQ2. Once again, I'm
    > regretting the time/money investment I've made in a game where they change
    > the rules to diminish my enjoyment for no apparent reason but their
    > loathing
    > of the ungrouped player.
    >
    > Time to move on. I'm checking out WOW as soon as I can find a store nearby
    > that sells it, as the local EB pretty mcuh just sells xbox stuff now.
    >
    > Ralph Najena 18 crus.
    >
    >

    Grouping in wow is always focused on doing a quest.
    People send out a public request for more people to complete xyz quest.
    They gather, group up, buff and do the quest.
    After that they may do another quest, or go their own ways.

    I have experienced no group "grinding" in wow. If you want to grind you dont
    need a group.
    Quests are usually better xp and loot, tho perhaps soloing to farm
    tradeskill will show a better cash profit.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:zxLCd.104243$K7.21083@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    > news:8aKCd.104068$K7.51140@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >>
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    >> news:A3KCd.103993$K7.57235@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >> >
    >> > "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message
    >> > news:4oJCd.103924$K7.10018@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >> > >
    >> > > >
    >> > > Najena you say, CIHYS?
    >> > >
    >> > > ;)
    >> > >
    >> > >
    >> > Ok, I'll give it to you when i get WOW, what's your characters
    >> > name?
    >> >
    >> >
    >> Hehehe..you got me now, nobody ever really expects to get anything ;)
    >>
    >>
    >> --
    >> eq2.najena.Simonette
    >> eq2.najena.Floriana
    >> eq.bristlebane.Simonette
    >> eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus
    >>
    >>
    >
    > It is not that awesome, just crusader gear. I've got quite a few
    > pristine maple boxes and a heap of raw materials I was going to
    > process until i found out everything i make seemed to rely on coral,
    > and i could never find the damn stuff, and i can't afford a gold piece
    > for a shot at a tradeskill. I'm hoping to get WOW this week but the
    > shops locally are totally focussed on xbox etc so it might take a
    > trip. EQ2 i ended up getting through mail order, and even then they
    > stuffed it up and it was a week late, so I'd rather buy from a shop.
    >
    > Anyone know a shop in sydney with it in stock? And the approx price?
    >
    > I've really gotten tired of pick up groups. This arvo I joined up with
    > an 18 cleric and a 16 sorcerer in blackburrow. The latter didn't seem
    > able to speak english, and the cleric wanted us to jump down to the
    > bottom from the bridge. I pointed out I didn't know the zone and
    > wanted to fight down but the cleric was insistant. Ok, got to the
    > bottom, and the cleric invited a 20 druid, which worried me as eq2
    > level ranges are extremely narrow. Something attacked (I couldn't see
    > it, and my questions were ignored) and the next thing i know the druid
    > gated out, the cleric is dead, the sorcerer is either ignoring me or
    > unable to understand english, and I'm fighting all by my lonesome.
    > Almost made it too, but soloing white ++ mobs is not recommended.
    >
    > So everyone but the druid dies, the druid disbands, then the cleric
    > does and starts shouting for a new group, and i revive and make my
    > painful way back. The sorcerer dies enroute to BB and ignores my
    > questions some more about what he was fighting. Great, more xp debt. I
    > get to the bridge, and explain to the sorcerer a few times that i
    > can't see us fighting our way out after we jump down to our shards, so
    > i think the best thing is to gate out after and disband rather than
    > start all over again from the bind point (a long boring run from
    > graystone), but he doesn't get it, so i give up, get shard, get
    > mended, port out, log out, and call a few shops to find out they don't
    > have WOW either.
    >
    > So yes, you can have my stuff, i'd even give you my character if there
    > was an easy way to do so, although with the measly 4 slots allowed
    > that could be a problem.
    >
    > Ralph 18 crus temporarily
    > Najena

    You might have a bit of a problem getting WoW atm - I'm seeing a lot
    of reports of whole areas being sold out (wow.graffe.com is a decent
    WoW community - some good folks there).


    --
    Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
    Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw
    Lanys T'vyl (Retired)

    Mairelon, 14th Paladin
    Silverhand

    My WoW Mods: http://therealorang.com
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote in
    news:9dimt0dqujr8sjj8bi2d1r7lh763a75mv4@4ax.com:

    > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:43:52 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs.
    >>Now, i find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18)
    >>that all the groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly,
    >>because that is the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about
    >>lv 9-15) to stags, because they are perceived as dropping the best
    >>loot. If you want to see evidence of that, consider how many groups
    >>fight the assorted sea creatures. In my time in antonica, i have yet
    >>to see anyone but myself.
    >
    > Funny, I see people fighting gnoll camps in Antonica all the time.
    > Conversely, I rarely see -anyone- fighting stags...
    >

    I soloed them a fair amount, until they greyed out.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs.

    I can't say as I've noticed any damage output increase.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in
    news:LQPCd.20015$Hd5.5197@fe05.usenetserver.com:

    >
    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >>
    >>> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by
    >>> the game dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced
    >>> dependence on others is not fun. Sure, group member should level
    >>> faster and have better gear, in the way raiders should be better
    >>> than groupers, i don't have a problem with that. There should
    >>> however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As
    >>> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    >>> example, and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing
    >>> their way to the top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >>
    >> Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the
    >> appropriate level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of
    >> the bridge near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >>
    >> And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    >> since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires
    >> killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at
    >> least on Runnyeye.
    >
    > Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that the
    > poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group to
    > complete it. With fewer low level players around to help these sort of
    > quests are becoming too difficult.
    >
    > I'm also amazed that SOE have made it even more difficult to solo mob
    > groups. What happened to the promise of more content for solo players?
    > It seems they are obsessed with making people play in groups.
    >
    > I'm enjoying myself so far in EQ2 but there a huge amount of problems
    > with it. If it wasnt due to the fact that WoW isnt out in the UK yet I
    > would have quit last month.
    >

    There is one single pop Timberclaw gnoll that pops all day in Archer's
    Forest. I was able to solo him at level 16 or 17, but with lots of
    difficulty. Sometimes he is a healer, sometimes pure melee. The pure
    melee one is easier. He spawns next to a tree near the pond in the
    forest.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:QRPCd.104677$K7.62466@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >>
    >> > True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by
    >> > the game dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced
    >> > dependence on others is not fun. Sure, group member should level
    >> > faster and have better gear, in the way raiders should be better
    >> > than groupers, i don't have a problem with that. There should
    >> > however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As a
    >> > crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    >> > example, and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing
    >> > their way to the top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >>
    >> Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the
    >> appropriate level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of
    >> the bridge near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >>
    >> And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    >> since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires
    >> killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at
    >> least on Runnyeye.
    >
    > Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    > killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    > killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight,
    > unless 'AQ1' means doing that?
    >
    > Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from
    > green + mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.
    >
    > Ralph, still stuck with the timberclaws,
    >

    I still see groups doing Timberclaws at times, and the single spawn
    Timberclaw is often taken down.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns95D55B5A1F726richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4...
    > "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in
    > news:LQPCd.20015$Hd5.5197@fe05.usenetserver.com:
    >
    > >
    > > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    > >>
    > >>> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by
    > >>> the game dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced
    > >>> dependence on others is not fun. Sure, group member should level
    > >>> faster and have better gear, in the way raiders should be better
    > >>> than groupers, i don't have a problem with that. There should
    > >>> however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As
    > >>> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    > >>> example, and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing
    > >>> their way to the top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    > >>
    > >> Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the
    > >> appropriate level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of
    > >> the bridge near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    > >>
    > >> And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > >> since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires
    > >> killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at
    > >> least on Runnyeye.
    > >
    > > Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that the
    > > poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group to
    > > complete it. With fewer low level players around to help these sort of
    > > quests are becoming too difficult.
    > >
    > > I'm also amazed that SOE have made it even more difficult to solo mob
    > > groups. What happened to the promise of more content for solo players?
    > > It seems they are obsessed with making people play in groups.
    > >
    > > I'm enjoying myself so far in EQ2 but there a huge amount of problems
    > > with it. If it wasnt due to the fact that WoW isnt out in the UK yet I
    > > would have quit last month.
    > >
    >
    > There is one single pop Timberclaw gnoll that pops all day in Archer's
    > Forest. I was able to solo him at level 16 or 17, but with lots of
    > difficulty. Sometimes he is a healer, sometimes pure melee. The pure
    > melee one is easier. He spawns next to a tree near the pond in the
    > forest.
    >
    > --
    > On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    > Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons
    >
    > On Steamfont
    > Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    That's the one i finally completed the quest on. Disappointing reward but
    that's life. As a caster i had to run but as pure melee i could take him. He
    seemed tougher than the stags though. The stags were dropping adept 1's and
    i kept winning on my rolls in groups so i can't really complain i guess. It
    made no differenc eto my paladin quest though, apparently soloing a green ++
    is not a 'challenge'.

    So where are soloable gnolls that will meet the criteria for this quest?
    Because the ones i saw near the north griffon tower were in huge groups.

    Ralph, nearly 19 but wanting to get to firemyst before levelling if only to
    have a look and reconsidering leaving iff i can get groups on a steady basis
    because as far as i can see soloing was nerfed,

    Najena.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:oxUCd.105047$K7.55386@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > news:Xns95D55B5A1F726richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4...
    >> "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in
    >> news:LQPCd.20015$Hd5.5197@fe05.usenetserver.com:
    >>
    >> >
    >> > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >> >>
    >> >>> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by
    >> >>> the game dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced
    >> >>> dependence on others is not fun. Sure, group member should level
    >> >>> faster and have better gear, in the way raiders should be better
    >> >>> than groupers, i don't have a problem with that. There should
    >> >>> however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As
    >> >>> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    >> >>> example, and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing
    >> >>> their way to the top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >> >>
    >> >> Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the
    >> >> appropriate level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north
    >> >> of the bridge near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >> >>
    >> >> And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting
    >> >> gnolls, since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers
    >> >> requires killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those
    >> >> quests, at least on Runnyeye.
    >> >
    >> > Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that
    >> > the poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group
    >> > to complete it. With fewer low level players around to help these
    >> > sort of quests are becoming too difficult.
    >> >
    >> > I'm also amazed that SOE have made it even more difficult to solo
    >> > mob groups. What happened to the promise of more content for solo
    >> > players? It seems they are obsessed with making people play in
    >> > groups.
    >> >
    >> > I'm enjoying myself so far in EQ2 but there a huge amount of
    >> > problems with it. If it wasnt due to the fact that WoW isnt out in
    >> > the UK yet I would have quit last month.
    >> >
    >>
    >> There is one single pop Timberclaw gnoll that pops all day in
    >> Archer's Forest. I was able to solo him at level 16 or 17, but with
    >> lots of difficulty. Sometimes he is a healer, sometimes pure melee.
    >> The pure melee one is easier. He spawns next to a tree near the pond
    >> in the forest.
    >>
    >> --
    >> On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    >> Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons
    >>
    >> On Steamfont
    >> Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
    >
    > That's the one i finally completed the quest on. Disappointing reward
    > but that's life. As a caster i had to run but as pure melee i could
    > take him. He seemed tougher than the stags though. The stags were
    > dropping adept 1's and i kept winning on my rolls in groups so i can't
    > really complain i guess. It made no differenc eto my paladin quest
    > though, apparently soloing a green ++ is not a 'challenge'.
    >
    > So where are soloable gnolls that will meet the criteria for this
    > quest? Because the ones i saw near the north griffon tower were in
    > huge groups.
    >
    > Ralph, nearly 19 but wanting to get to firemyst before levelling if
    > only to have a look and reconsidering leaving iff i can get groups on
    > a steady basis because as far as i can see soloing was nerfed,
    >

    Which Gnolls do you need for the quest? There are wandering solo gnolls
    in several areas of various levels. You can try the Antonica road before
    crossing the bridge to where the highwaymen are. You can also try in the
    general vicinity of Blackburrow.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Meaffwin" <suka_@cox.net> wrote in news:1104945399.132662.304820
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    >
    > Graeme Faelban wrote:
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    >> news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au:
    >>
    >> > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped
    >> > mobs.
    >>
    >> I can't say as I've noticed any damage output increase.
    >
    > I sure noticed the difference. The bears in EL hit me with two
    > barrages in a row that were 550-650 each. Definately made me take
    > notice, and hightail it back to the docks :)
    >

    Sounds a bit above where I am at in the game...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
    news:LQPCd.20015$Hd5.5197@fe05.usenetserver.com...
    <snip>
    > I'm enjoying myself so far in EQ2 but there a huge amount of problems with
    > it. If it wasnt due to the fact that WoW isnt out in the UK yet I would have
    > quit last month.

    WoW Eu-Final Beta within the week, btw. =)

    --
    Simond
    "I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your
    slave." - Jareth the Goblin King, Labyrinth
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:57SCd.104920$K7.10404@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > just in addition to the previous story, i finally found 2 others
    interested
    > in killing timeberclaws, we bashed stags until night fall and ... the
    server
    > crashed.
    >
    > Argh!
    >
    > Went to chat and it was full of angry aussies asking why they don't have a
    > local server. Gm said to feedback it. A brave answer in my opinion!
    >
    > Ralph,
    > Najena (locked)
    >

    I wasn't sure if we played around the same time, but it appears so =)
    We will be on a little later tonight (about 8-ish), you're quite welcome to
    join us if you like.


    --
    eq2.najena.Simonette
    eq2.najena.Floriana
    eq.bristlebane.Simonette
    eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Cheddar" <me@there.net> writes:

    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    > >
    > >> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by the
    > >> game
    > >> dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced dependence on others
    > >> is
    > >> not fun. Sure, group member should level faster and have better gear, in
    > >> the
    > >> way raiders should be better than groupers, i don't have a problem with
    > >> that. There should however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun.
    > >> As
    > >> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for example,
    > >> and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing their way to the
    > >> top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    > >
    > > Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the appropriate
    > > level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north of the bridge
    > > near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    > >
    > > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    > > lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    > > Runnyeye.
    >
    > Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that the
    > poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group to complete
    > it. With fewer low level players around to help these sort of quests are
    > becoming too difficult.

    I was talking about the paladin subclass quest, which just requires
    that the gnolls haven't gone grey yet - there are no solo timberclaw
    gnolls, AFAIK (the one Graeme mentioned is a group one, unless I've
    missed a solo one in the same place) but those are only needed for a
    different quest.


    > I'm also amazed that SOE have made it even more difficult to solo mob
    > groups. What happened to the promise of more content for solo players? It
    > seems they are obsessed with making people play in groups.

    More content for solo players will come in the Big Patch that ought to
    come any time now. Group content was never intended to be soloable
    before it went grey. That's not to say it wouldn't be better if it
    was - I certainly appreciated being able to handle low green group
    encounters solo, since they are more interesting than most solo
    encounters.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:

    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    > > lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    > > Runnyeye.
    >
    > Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    > killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    > killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight, unless
    > 'AQ1' means doing that?

    AQ1 is the armour quest I mentioned above, it involves killing gnolls
    that are not yet grey to a crusader, and I think the tormentors would
    even be blue.


    > Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from green +
    > mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.

    When I did it I got quest updates from greens, IIRC, but I could be
    wrong.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    news:874qhvphsl.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >
    > > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    > > > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    > > > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires killing
    > > > lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at least on
    > > > Runnyeye.
    > >
    > > Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    > > killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    > > killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight,
    unless
    > > 'AQ1' means doing that?
    >
    > AQ1 is the armour quest I mentioned above, it involves killing gnolls
    > that are not yet grey to a crusader, and I think the tormentors would
    > even be blue.
    >
    >
    > > Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from green
    +
    > > mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.
    >
    > When I did it I got quest updates from greens, IIRC, but I could be
    > wrong.

    I can confirm having spent last night killing a few gnoll camps that were
    green and a few green ++ that they do not currently trigger my journal, so
    I'm guessing blue, and i heard someone doing same quest today shouting that
    the green ones weren't having any effect. Other people were advising them to
    try tougher gnolls. At 18 i don't see any that are solo, except for yellow
    runecasters which kill me fast despite having fair resists.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:24:52 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz>
    wrotC:DRIVE_E

    >So where are soloable gnolls that will meet the criteria for this quest?
    >Because the ones i saw near the north griffon tower were in huge groups.

    If this is the Crusader->Paladin 'kill challenging gnolls' quest, I
    did it all in about an hour by hanging around Keep of the Ardent
    Needle. Solo Sabretooth battlers (blue to me at 19) spawn regularly
    there. Just keep away from the group mobs by the tents. There's also a
    lot of resource nodes in the area, so you can raise harvesting skills
    while you wait for pops.

    It seems to me a lot of people take two steps outside of Qeynos and
    expect to see a few hundred solo mobs standing in line waiting to be
    killed. Before saying "There's nothing there!!!", try exploring a bit.
    *----------------------------------------------------*
    Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    http://www.mrlizard.com
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On 5 Jan 2005 15:56:15 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrotC:DRIVE_E

    >It's bad enough they added in the con color modifiers to make judging
    >easier, no need to make it always 100% guaranteed, talked about boring...

    Yes, why not simplify it even further. If you target a green mob, it
    ides and you lose 5% health and power; a blue mob, 10%; a white mob,
    50%, a yellow mob, 75% and an organge mob, 90%. No need to waste time
    'fighting', the mob just dies and you take a set amount of damage.

    Someone will STILL probably whine the game is too complicated. ("All
    those colors! Why not just have 'you will win' and 'you will lose'
    monsters?")

    In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.
    *----------------------------------------------------*
    Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    http://www.mrlizard.com
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    In article <hogqt01l4skur7ih75td5ekc7nluoh5lk5@4ax.com>,
    Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
    >In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    >learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    >effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    >That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    >undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    >lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.

    That's such a great idea...
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:

    > I can confirm having spent last night killing a few gnoll camps that were
    > green and a few green ++ that they do not currently trigger my journal, so
    > I'm guessing blue, and i heard someone doing same quest today shouting that
    > the green ones weren't having any effect. Other people were advising them to
    > try tougher gnolls. At 18 i don't see any that are solo, except for yellow
    > runecasters which kill me fast despite having fair resists.

    Have you tried the solo gnolls south of the Oracle Tower? Those were
    still green at 21, so should be at least blue to you, I think. They
    wander around the gnoll groups there.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
    news:gfgqt09np1aei0c5mrfrm9402lrj0q5n7e@4ax.com...
    > On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:24:52 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz>
    > wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >
    > >So where are soloable gnolls that will meet the criteria for this quest?
    > >Because the ones i saw near the north griffon tower were in huge groups.
    >
    > If this is the Crusader->Paladin 'kill challenging gnolls' quest, I
    > did it all in about an hour by hanging around Keep of the Ardent
    > Needle. Solo Sabretooth battlers (blue to me at 19) spawn regularly
    > there. Just keep away from the group mobs by the tents. There's also a
    > lot of resource nodes in the area, so you can raise harvesting skills
    > while you wait for pops.
    >
    > It seems to me a lot of people take two steps outside of Qeynos and
    > expect to see a few hundred solo mobs standing in line waiting to be
    > killed. Before saying "There's nothing there!!!", try exploring a bit.
    > *----------------------------------------------------*
    > Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    > "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    > once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    > http://www.mrlizard.com

    I've got the black bits largely removed and have catalogued everything but
    the sogbone skels, and the behemoth, and them only because they looked too
    nasty to get near, so it's not like i haven't looked. I've been all around
    that keep without finding a solo, and when i shouted in zone was told that
    people fought the ones near bb instead for that quest.

    However, najena crashed again tonight, so it'll have to wait for tomorrow at
    least.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    patrik@nordebo.com wrote in news:87d5wjphwz.fsf@pluto.elizium.org:

    > "Cheddar" <me@there.net> writes:
    >
    >> <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >> >
    >> >> True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by
    >> >> the game dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced
    >> >> dependence on others is not fun. Sure, group member should level
    >> >> faster and have better gear, in the way raiders should be better
    >> >> than groupers, i don't have a problem with that. There should
    >> >> however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun. As
    >> >> a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for
    >> >> example, and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing
    >> >> their way to the top, they don't fight those gnolls.
    >> >
    >> > Of course you can solo them. There are solo gnolls of the
    >> > appropriate level range wandering in some parts of Antonica (north
    >> > of the bridge near Blackburrow, IIRC).
    >> >
    >> > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    >> > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires
    >> > killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at
    >> > least on Runnyeye.
    >>
    >> Are they Timberclaw gnolls though? I remember doing the quest that
    >> the poster is talking about and I couldnt solo it. I had to group to
    >> complete it. With fewer low level players around to help these sort
    >> of quests are becoming too difficult.
    >
    > I was talking about the paladin subclass quest, which just requires
    > that the gnolls haven't gone grey yet - there are no solo timberclaw
    > gnolls, AFAIK (the one Graeme mentioned is a group one, unless I've
    > missed a solo one in the same place) but those are only needed for a
    > different quest.

    It's labeled group, but is soloable before it greys out. If you don't
    need Timberclaws in particular though, then I suggested a couple other
    spots you can try to find solo Gnolls. Last time I fought them they were
    blue to me, at level 18 I think. They wander around west of the first
    bridge on the Antonica road.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    patrik@nordebo.com wrote in news:874qhvphsl.fsf@pluto.elizium.org:

    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >
    >> <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting gnolls,
    >> > since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers requires
    >> > killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those quests, at
    >> > least on Runnyeye.
    >>
    >> Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    >> killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    >> killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight,
    >> unless 'AQ1' means doing that?
    >
    > AQ1 is the armour quest I mentioned above, it involves killing gnolls
    > that are not yet grey to a crusader, and I think the tormentors would
    > even be blue.
    >
    >
    >> Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from
    >> green + mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.
    >
    > When I did it I got quest updates from greens, IIRC, but I could be
    > wrong.
    >

    At level 20, when you can do AQ1, most of the gnolls you have to kill to
    trigger the spawn are grey in order (I just did AQ1 last night twice),
    the ones that spawn are green (Tormenters and Elders).

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:KK2Dd.105964$K7.31753@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > news:874qhvphsl.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    >>
    >> > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> > news:87r7l0p6i0.fsf@pluto.elizium.org...
    >> > > And I'd be really surprised if there aren't groups fighting
    >> > > gnolls, since the first armour quest for heavy armour wearers
    >> > > requires killing lots of gnolls and most people seem to do those
    >> > > quests, at least on Runnyeye.
    >> >
    >> > Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of
    >> > ppl killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group
    >> > that was killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was
    >> > playing tonight, unless 'AQ1' means doing that?
    >>
    >> AQ1 is the armour quest I mentioned above, it involves killing gnolls
    >> that are not yet grey to a crusader, and I think the tormentors would
    >> even be blue.
    >>
    >>
    >> > Note: green gnolls don't seem to trigger it. I had a few hits from
    >> > green + mobs, although i haven't fought any that were solo.
    >>
    >> When I did it I got quest updates from greens, IIRC, but I could be
    >> wrong.
    >
    > I can confirm having spent last night killing a few gnoll camps that
    > were green and a few green ++ that they do not currently trigger my
    > journal, so I'm guessing blue, and i heard someone doing same quest
    > today shouting that the green ones weren't having any effect. Other
    > people were advising them to try tougher gnolls. At 18 i don't see any
    > that are solo, except for yellow runecasters which kill me fast
    > despite having fair resists.
    >

    Try the area just west of the first bridge on the Antonica road, I am
    pretty sure the solo gnolls there were still blue to me at 18, not 100%
    certain though.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:j4cDd.107055$K7.37313@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
    > news:gfgqt09np1aei0c5mrfrm9402lrj0q5n7e@4ax.com...
    >> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:24:52 GMT, "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz>
    >> wrotC:DRIVE_E
    >>
    >> >So where are soloable gnolls that will meet the criteria for this
    >> >quest? Because the ones i saw near the north griffon tower were in
    >> >huge groups.
    >>
    >> If this is the Crusader->Paladin 'kill challenging gnolls' quest, I
    >> did it all in about an hour by hanging around Keep of the Ardent
    >> Needle. Solo Sabretooth battlers (blue to me at 19) spawn regularly
    >> there. Just keep away from the group mobs by the tents. There's also
    >> a lot of resource nodes in the area, so you can raise harvesting
    >> skills while you wait for pops.
    >>
    >> It seems to me a lot of people take two steps outside of Qeynos and
    >> expect to see a few hundred solo mobs standing in line waiting to be
    >> killed. Before saying "There's nothing there!!!", try exploring a
    >> bit. *----------------------------------------------------*
    >> Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
    >> "I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
    >> once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
    >> http://www.mrlizard.com
    >
    > I've got the black bits largely removed and have catalogued everything
    > but the sogbone skels, and the behemoth, and them only because they
    > looked too nasty to get near, so it's not like i haven't looked. I've
    > been all around that keep without finding a solo, and when i shouted
    > in zone was told that people fought the ones near bb instead for that
    > quest.
    >
    > However, najena crashed again tonight, so it'll have to wait for
    > tomorrow at least.
    >

    Odd, I had no trouble finding solo gnolls around the Ardent Keep area.
    Often am jumped by them when I am out there harvesting in fact.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:crjik3$8am$1@panix3.panix.com:

    > In article <hogqt01l4skur7ih75td5ekc7nluoh5lk5@4ax.com>,
    > Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
    >>In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    >>learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    >>effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    >>That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    >>undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    >>lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.
    >
    > That's such a great idea...
    >

    I can just see the whinage...

    Great idea though, I'd love it, better hone those running skills...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    On 6 Jan 2005 15:25:21 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:crjik3$8am$1@panix3.panix.com:
    >
    >> In article <hogqt01l4skur7ih75td5ekc7nluoh5lk5@4ax.com>,
    >> Lizard <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote:
    >>>In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    >>>learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    >>>effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    >>>That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    >>>undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    >>>lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.
    >>
    >> That's such a great idea...
    >>
    >
    >I can just see the whinage...
    >
    >Great idea though, I'd love it, better hone those running skills...

    Hmmmm. I wonder if they'll have Run (App 4) :-)

    --
    Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
    Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle
    WUlfkiller Gnome Warrior Qeynos Antonia Bayle
    Wulffy Gnome Summoner Qeynos Antonia Bayle

    Wulfbones
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote
    > "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message

    > > I don't think it matters what game you play you will always get the
    > > griefers, idiots but also meet nice people along the way.
    >
    > True, but at least in other games, you won't be being harassed by the game
    > dev's themselves, because they hate soloers. Forced dependence on others
    is
    > not fun. Sure, group member should level faster and have better gear, in
    the
    > way raiders should be better than groupers, i don't have a problem with
    > that. There should however, be a way all along for a soloer to have fun.
    As
    > a crusader, I have to fight tough gnolls to become a paladin for example,
    > and i can't solo them, but because people are min/maxing their way to the
    > top, they don't fight those gnolls.

    I'm currently L19 Crusader. I got that task as soon as I hit 19 (Monday).
    I asked my guild and was told to go find Gnoll Battlers. They can be found
    wandering between assorted gnoll camps. They're green solo.

    To do the job easily, come out the N Qeynos gate, follow the road all the
    way to the bridge. Come back from the bridge about 200 yards to the curve
    in the road. There's a tree beside the road on the north and a small gully
    on the south. You'll see across the gully a group of 3, 2 brawlers and a
    runecaster, all green. Off to the SW you'll just be able to see another
    group of 3, all blue. North side of the road to the NW there's a hill with
    a tent on top.

    If you wander back and forth between that tent (only one gnoll actually
    spawns there, and he's a solo) and say about half-way between the tree and
    the bridge, you'll run across solo brawlers about once every 2 minutes. I
    got my 25 kills in a bit over an hour, as best I recall.

    It's slower if there's a group hunting gnolls there, of course, but it does
    get the job done. My best bit of amusement was with my last gnoll. A
    caster (elementalist) showed up and fired just as I ran up to one gnoll.
    Fine, it happens. I went and got another, my 24th. Then I go running off
    to number 25. I'm almost there, when it suddenly switches over to engaged
    and goes running past me to the caster. Annoying. All of a sudden, another
    solo brawler spawns almost on top of the caster. Now he's got one on his
    pet and one on him I wander off to the side to watch. His pet doesn't last
    long. Now he's got both on him, and he's running. Straight to me. He
    loops around a couple of times, then high-tails it towards Qeynos. He gets
    beyond them and they disengage. The one I was originally after 'ports back
    to it's spawn point, where I kill it (number 25). I run across the other
    one walking back to it's point and kill it (number 26, superfluous). About
    that time I get a sarcastic thanks from him for not helping. I respond (in
    /ooc) that because he never yelled for help, I couldn't help. I didn't
    bother explaining that I wouldn't have helped anyway.

    (Yes, I am a Paladin, and yes, I do and should help others. But that
    doesn't mean that I'm a pushover, either. Don't expect to take away my mob
    and then also expect me to rescue you from that same mob when things don't
    go your way.)
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
    >
    > In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    > learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    > effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    > That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    > undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    > lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.

    Got my vote.

    I wanna see characters start generic, as now, but their actions determine
    what subclasses they'll eventually have available to them. See the Crusader
    killing the Unicorn? Guess who'll *never* be able to become a Paladin.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:sDHCd.103844$K7.17941@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    > In the latest patch they increased the damage output of grouped mobs. Now,
    > i
    > find in the area I'm in (Najena, Antonica) and the level (18) that all the
    > groups want to do is bash the same type of mob endlessly, because that is
    > the min max method e.g they go from scarecrows (about lv 9-15) to stags,
    > because they are perceived as dropping the best loot. If you want to see
    > evidence of that, consider how many groups fight the assorted sea
    > creatures.
    > In my time in antonica, i have yet to see anyone but myself. At least the
    > commonlands seemed to occasionally have a group fighting pirates.
    >
    > Now, I've tried to enjoy that but after being in group after group where
    > there was no socialising because it got in the way of grinding, no
    > exploration because grinding means staying still or wandering little at
    > best, and no fund but the joy of watching an xp bar move, I decided that
    > soloing was the path for me, at least until i could find people interested
    > in something other than what they call an "xp group".
    >
    > Then in the latest patch, they increased the damage output of grouped
    > monsters. Now, as a soloer I depend on quests because fighting mobs alone
    > doesn't give you much xp or gear, but the trouble is, the quests are often
    > for grouped mobs (eg timberclaws). Suddenly i find that I'm being hit
    > harder
    > and losing more often. "Oh joy" I thought, "SOE has nerfed soloing ...
    > again....".
    >
    > I played EQlive till 58 and noticed they often changed things to make
    > things
    > harder for the soloer... making mobs immune to snare, unnamed mobs
    > summoned,
    > etc and it was only recently that they admitted in EQlive that it was
    > their
    > policy to discourage soloing.
    >
    > So anyhow, that attitude seems to have moved over to EQ2. Once again, I'm
    > regretting the time/money investment I've made in a game where they change
    > the rules to diminish my enjoyment for no apparent reason but their
    > loathing
    > of the ungrouped player.
    >
    > Time to move on. I'm checking out WOW as soon as I can find a store nearby
    > that sells it, as the local EB pretty mcuh just sells xbox stuff now.
    >
    > Ralph Najena 18 crus.

    Some valid points there, as a soloer I luckily find in Freeports Commonlands
    many others who are not just levellers and a quick ooc can either bring no
    one to a deluge.

    I think extreme powerlevelling is sad and insecure not to mention tedious
    and misses the point of the game.

    Some quest are tough soloing I just died in wailing caves (2nd tactician
    room) by three mean mother greyed mobs so I would of got no monster xp even
    though they were well tough?

    ATB
    Grimchrim
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in
    news:trdDd.57939$KO5.43342@clgrps13:

    > "Lizard" <lizard@mrlizard.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In my dream MMORPG, 'con' is a skill you have to learn, and it's
    >> learned by monster type. Someone who has killed millions of orcs can
    >> effectively judge an orc's level. ("See those bones on the necklace?
    >> That's the sign of an Elder Shaman.") Someone who has never seen an
    >> undead won't be able to tell a 1st level skeleton from a 20th level
    >> lich-lord, and will drastically over- or under- con it.
    >
    > Got my vote.
    >
    > I wanna see characters start generic, as now, but their actions
    > determine what subclasses they'll eventually have available to them.
    > See the Crusader killing the Unicorn? Guess who'll *never* be able to
    > become a Paladin.
    >

    Oh my, can you picture the whinage? Probably worth it for that alone.
    :b

    I'd love to see a system like that, but, care would have to be taken with
    the implementation of course.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> writes:

    > patrik@nordebo.com wrote in news:874qhvphsl.fsf@pluto.elizium.org:
    >
    > > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> writes:
    > >> Are they fighting tough gnolls or grey gnolls tho? I see a lot of ppl
    > >> killing grey mobs. I didn't hear anyone shouting for a group that was
    > >> killing timberclaw or other tough gnolls when i was playing tonight,
    > >> unless 'AQ1' means doing that?
    > >
    > > AQ1 is the armour quest I mentioned above, it involves killing gnolls
    > > that are not yet grey to a crusader, and I think the tormentors would
    > > even be blue.
    > >
    >
    > At level 20, when you can do AQ1, most of the gnolls you have to kill to
    > trigger the spawn are grey in order (I just did AQ1 last night twice),
    > the ones that spawn are green (Tormenters and Elders).

    Yes, but a crusader isn't yet 20 (because then they'd be a paladin or
    shadowknight) and could join AQ1 groups before the gnolls go grey, at
    least at level 18, not sure the ones you have to kill first would
    still be green at 19, but the tormentors and elders certainly aren't
    grey to any crusader. I admit I could have been a bit more clear on
    that, since a paladin or shadowknight is still also a crusader.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns95D654A22ACB6richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4...
    > patrik@nordebo.com wrote in news:87d5wjphwz.fsf@pluto.elizium.org:
    >
    <snip>

    >
    > It's labeled group, but is soloable before it greys out. If you don't
    > need Timberclaws in particular though, then I suggested a couple other
    > spots you can try to find solo Gnolls. Last time I fought them they were
    > blue to me, at level 18 I think. They wander around west of the first
    > bridge on the Antonica road.
    >
    The secret is to disregard the "gnolls that are a challenge" phrase and read
    it as "green gnolls you bash in a group in blackburrow" because i killed all
    of them in half an hour with 4 others in my group. They were utterly
    trivial. The spiders on the other hand... (*shudder*)

    Ralph, 19 crus, Najena
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "The Chris" <chris_barryNOSPAMGIT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:QQdDd.57686$48.49351@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >
    <snip>
    >
    > Some quest are tough soloing I just died in wailing caves (2nd tactician
    > room) by three mean mother greyed mobs so I would of got no monster xp
    even
    > though they were well tough?
    >
    > ATB
    > Grimchrim

    My understanding is that you can't get quest xp on mobs that are grey if you
    are grouped? Otherwise i guess grouping would be the only way to go. I was
    fighting grey mobs along with a lot of others and we just got in each others
    way because we couldn't group and get the credit for the quest. (I was 18,
    the others were 19 or 20)

    Ralph, 19 crus, naj
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    news:A2pDd.107742$K7.18312@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
    >
    > "The Chris" <chris_barryNOSPAMGIT@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:QQdDd.57686$48.49351@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    >>
    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Some quest are tough soloing I just died in wailing caves (2nd tactician
    >> room) by three mean mother greyed mobs so I would of got no monster xp
    > even
    >> though they were well tough?
    >>
    >> ATB
    >> Grimchrim
    >
    > My understanding is that you can't get quest xp on mobs that are grey if
    > you
    > are grouped? Otherwise i guess grouping would be the only way to go. I was
    > fighting grey mobs along with a lot of others and we just got in each
    > others
    > way because we couldn't group and get the credit for the quest. (I was 18,
    > the others were 19 or 20)
    >
    > Ralph, 19 crus, naj
    >
    >

    That's not the case. I'm a lvl 23 ranger and I group with a lvl 20 templar
    friend of mine all the time. And many times we go around to the different
    zones questing and we always get credit for the kills, just no treasure
    loot.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    >The only things you don't get from grey mobs are XP and bonus chest
    loot,
    >unless I'm very mistaken.

    Unless they are grey becuase you have grouped with someone more then 8
    levels above up. In which case you won't get quest credit either.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Charter Test" <e_test@charter.net> wrote in message
    news:QFqDd.10518$4h4.129@fe03.lga...
    > "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > > My understanding is that you can't get quest xp on mobs that are grey if
    > > you
    > > are grouped? Otherwise i guess grouping would be the only way to go. I
    was
    > > fighting grey mobs along with a lot of others and we just got in each
    > > others
    > > way because we couldn't group and get the credit for the quest. (I was
    18,
    > > the others were 19 or 20)
    > >
    > > Ralph, 19 crus, naj
    > >
    > >
    >
    > That's not the case. I'm a lvl 23 ranger and I group with a lvl 20
    templar
    > friend of mine all the time. And many times we go around to the different
    > zones questing and we always get credit for the kills, just no treasure
    > loot.
    >

    I tried grouping with those people and we bashed a few gnoll miners (which
    was same for all as a quest) and no credit?
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

    "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
    news:O2sDd.107946$K7.5493@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

    >
    > "Charter Test" <e_test@charter.net> wrote in message
    > news:QFqDd.10518$4h4.129@fe03.lga...
    >> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
    > <snip>
    >> > My understanding is that you can't get quest xp on mobs that are
    >> > grey if you are grouped? Otherwise i guess grouping would be the
    >> > only way to go. I was fighting grey mobs along with a lot of others
    >> > and we just got in each others way because we couldn't group and
    >> > get the credit for the quest. (I was 18, the others were 19 or 20)
    >>
    >> That's not the case. I'm a lvl 23 ranger and I group with a lvl 20
    >> templar friend of mine all the time. And many times we go around to
    >> the different zones questing and we always get credit for the kills,
    >> just no treasure loot.
    >
    > I tried grouping with those people and we bashed a few gnoll miners
    > (which was same for all as a quest) and no credit?
    >

    I have always gotten credit for quests from grey to me and/or my group
    mobs. No clue what the problem you were having was.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games