Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I am running windows xp professional and every time a start up I get the
error message C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL the specified module
could not be found. Could some one please tell me what I need to do to over
come this error.
--
pete

NEWDOT~2.DLL is related to spyware. This is serious violation of
your privacy.... your system is under security threat.
It is advisable you to scan your computer and eliminate possible threats.

What is newdot~2.dll?
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/newdot~2.dll.html

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP