I am running windows xp professional and every time a start up I get the
error message C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL the specified module
could not be found. Could some one please tell me what I need to do to over
come this error.
--
pete
1 answer Last reply

    NEWDOT~2.DLL is related to spyware. This is serious violation of
    your privacy.... your system is under security threat.
    It is advisable you to scan your computer and eliminate possible threats.

    What is newdot~2.dll?
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/newdot~2.dll.html

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "pete" wrote:

    | I am running windows xp professional and every time a start up I get the
    | error message C:\PROGRA~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL the specified module
    | could not be found. Could some one please tell me what I need to do to over
    | come this error.
    | --
    | pete

Microsoft Error Message Windows XP