CPU won't start

hi.....when I on my cpu,a red light flashes and that's it.....it won't
start,is it a hardware problem?? i have not install any hardware or programs
recently....so what could hace caused the problem?? any help is greatly
appreciated...thanx.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:356CC0CB-4B18-4B51-91CB-B0B13B217DBD@microsoft.com,
beamz <beamz@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi.....when I on my cpu,a red light flashes and that's it.....it won't
> start,is it a hardware problem?? i have not install any hardware or
> programs recently....so what could hace caused the problem?? any help
> is greatly appreciated...thanx.

Given the description you've given us I'd say hardware immediately. However,
is your monitor on? If so is it plugged in? Does anything whirl and make
noises? Does the power stay on? Does it beep?

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

First question. When you turn your pc on do you hear any 'beeps'?
Second question. Can you hear the pc fans working?
It could possibly be hardware, but more details are needed.
What PC do you have? Does your monitor light up when you switch on? try to
give us as much information as you possibly can.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"beamz" <beamz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi.....when I on my cpu,a red light flashes and that's it.....it won't
> start,is it a hardware problem?? i have not install any hardware or
> programs
> recently....so what could hace caused the problem?? any help is greatly
> appreciated...thanx.

I'm sorry....i should have give more details. I'm using a DIY (2 years old)
with a P4,xp pro
my monitor does light up,the pc fan is not working and i don't hear any beep
sounds when i turn it on.....it juz flashes red and dies.

Possibly a power supply problem then. Have the power supply unit checked.
You might also check the connections from the PSU to the motherboard. Don't
forget to check the fuse in the plug too.