EQ2: Do SOE actually listen to their customers?

I never played EQ1 so i'm not sure of the history of SOE. Could someone tell
me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?

I'm amazed that with all the annoyed solo players out there complaining
about the lack of solo content and forced grouping that SOE have introduced
a patch to make it more difficult to solo. It's a really bizzare way to
treat paying customers and I simply cant work it out.

Surely they must know that WoW is going great in the USA and the European
release is just around the corner. I have no idea who actually makes the
decisons on updates etc, but you'd think they would at least acknowledge
that they have considered the wishes of the community.

Did they do this with EQ1?

Careful, or this thread will derail into a world-class bitch session. You can make some
of the people happy some of the time........

.........but some of the people will never be happy, period.

>Could someone tell me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?

During the summer of 2004, SOE held a player/developer summit, wherein they discussed the
direction of EQL at length and took suggestions for improving the game. Many of those
player suggestions have since appeared in the gameworld, always clearly marked in the
relevant patch message. In my experience, these customer-driven changes have typically
been positive enhancements.

(I do not know if the farming of opinions and suggestions is an ongoing process.)

SoE has established an official account on at least my class website, and that the owner
checks in occasionally with the community. I can only assume (or !hope!) that the same
activity is taking place on other class websites.

Best regards,

Tim ==

(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions (a Rathe guild)
http://www.gravewisdom.com

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

Cheddar wrote:

> When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo
quests. By
> the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.

I'm guessing that you are taking this on hearsay and haven't tried it
yourself, correct? I haven't spent much more time in TS than required
to run to RoV, but in Nek there are solo creatures right at the CL
zone, as well as the beach. You can find solo treants and bears also.
There is a lot more grouped mobs, but there are solo ones also.

Once you hit 25 and get EL access (which will require a group), the
area near the docks are loaded with soloable creatures. Even after the
patch that beefed critters up yesterday I am able to solo pretty
readily there, and I get ripped to shreds in a toe-to-toe fight.

There are plenty of places to solo, at least up as far as 36 so far,
you just need to keep your eyes open and look for them.

Meaffwin wrote:
> Cheddar wrote:
>
> > When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo
> quests. By
> > the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.
>
> I'm guessing that you are taking this on hearsay and haven't tried it
> yourself, correct? I haven't spent much more time in TS than
required
> to run to RoV, but in Nek there are solo creatures right at the CL
> zone, as well as the beach. You can find solo treants and bears
also.
> There is a lot more grouped mobs, but there are solo ones also.
>
> Once you hit 25 and get EL access (which will require a group), the
> area near the docks are loaded with soloable creatures. Even after
the
> patch that beefed critters up yesterday I am able to solo pretty
> readily there, and I get ripped to shreds in a toe-to-toe fight.
>
> There are plenty of places to solo, at least up as far as 36 so far,
> you just need to keep your eyes open and look for them.

Oops, I missed the quests part of your complaint. So far, I've seen
quite a few quests that you can complete in EL solo - including Blood
of the Bears Two and Three, Sir Tatters, etc. Some of the best
soloable quests are collection and category quests, also.

Cheddar wrote:
> "Meaffwin" <suka_@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Cheddar wrote:
> >
> >> When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo
> > quests. By
> >> the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.
> >
> > I'm guessing that you are taking this on hearsay and haven't tried
it
> > yourself, correct? I haven't spent much more time in TS than
required
> > to run to RoV, but in Nek there are solo creatures right at the CL
> > zone, as well as the beach. You can find solo treants and bears
also.
> > There is a lot more grouped mobs, but there are solo ones also.
> >
> > Once you hit 25 and get EL access (which will require a group), the
> > area near the docks are loaded with soloable creatures. Even after
the
> > patch that beefed critters up yesterday I am able to solo pretty
> > readily there, and I get ripped to shreds in a toe-to-toe fight.
> >
> > There are plenty of places to solo, at least up as far as 36 so
far,
> > you just need to keep your eyes open and look for them.
> >

> I disagree. Solo monsters rarely drop chests which is why solo quests
are
> desperately needed for the solo player.

Rarely compared to groups, yes. But my feeling is that it is about 1/5
to 1/6 as rare, which is about the same for one person to score
something from a group dropped chest. I worked on my disarm by soloing
green and blue orcs because the chests dropped often enough that I
wouldn't have to risk killing any groups trying to work on that skill.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:27:57 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>I never played EQ1 so i'm not sure of the history of SOE. Could someone tell
>me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?

Not usually. There's a good reason:"The players don't know what they
want". (Attributed to Raph Koster or Brad McQuaid -- either way,
whoever said it was right.)

Much of what players demand is good for them in the short term, bad
for the game in the long term.
Evolution doesn't take prisoners:Lizard
"I've heard of this thing men call 'empathy', but I've never
once been afflicted with it, thanks the Gods." Bruno The Bandit
http://www.mrlizard.com

"Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
>I never played EQ1 so i'm not sure of the history of SOE. Could someone
>tell me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?
>
> I'm amazed that with all the annoyed solo players out there complaining
> about the lack of solo content and forced grouping that SOE have
> introduced a patch to make it more difficult to solo. It's a really
> bizzare way to treat paying customers and I simply cant work it out.
>
> Surely they must know that WoW is going great in the USA and the European
> release is just around the corner. I have no idea who actually makes the
> decisons on updates etc, but you'd think they would at least acknowledge
> that they have considered the wishes of the community.
>
> Did they do this with EQ1?

This is EXACTLY what they did in eq1, and why I wont go near another SOE
game.
Another thing you can look forward to is 8 expansions, and being left behind
the mudflation if you dont buy them.

Im just amazed that so many people have bought eq2 in spite of soe's past
record.

unk

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

"Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in

>> Did they do this with EQ1?
>>
> This is EXACTLY what they did in eq1, and why I wont go near another
SOE
> game.

It boggles the mind that people continue to complain about EQ2 being
group friendly. That's what game has been designed for and promoted as
from day one. The same thing with EQ1, in that case they pushed it even
more in the beginning as a group oriented game when it came out, yet
people to this day are still complaining that it's a group oriented game
and it's tough soloing. Double duh!

I solo and it's tough a lot of the time, but that's how the game was
written. It's not a democracy where people playing it get to design it
according to their own wants and needs. But that sure doesn't stop them
from trying over and over and over and over for years.

"Unk" <unkadunk@nothere.com> wrote in message
> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in
>
>>> Did they do this with EQ1?
>>>
>> This is EXACTLY what they did in eq1, and why I wont go near another
> SOE
>> game.
>
> It boggles the mind that people continue to complain about EQ2 being
> group friendly. That's what game has been designed for and promoted as
> from day one.

It was also clearly stated that you could play the game solo, which is
simply rubbish. Here's a quote from SOE before the game was released:

Q.Will I be able to solo whenever I want to?

A. Yes. We want players to enjoy themselves regardless of their preferred
play style or how many hours a day they can log in. Our game has significant
amounts of content designed for all classes to be able to solo at all
levels, including quests, jobs assigned by NPCs, and areas where opponents
can be fought solo rather than in a group.

That is basically a pack of lies.

Bizzarely with the latest 'patch' they have made it even more difficult to
solo. They have increased the damage done by mobs. Basically only mobs drop
chests which means it is getting pretty much impossible to get chest drops
and further your character without grouping.

When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo quests. By
the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.

I've got nothing against people who want to group, it's SOE forcing players
to play a certain way and nerfing the game to make solo play even more
difficult than it should be.

>The same thing with EQ1, in that case they pushed it even
> more in the beginning as a group oriented game when it came out, yet
> people to this day are still complaining that it's a group oriented game
> and it's tough soloing. Double duh!
>
> I solo and it's tough a lot of the time, but that's how the game was
> written. It's not a democracy where people playing it get to design it
> according to their own wants and needs. But that sure doesn't stop them
> from trying over and over and over and over for years.

I never played EQ1 so I cant comment on that.

It may not be a democracy but I am a paying customer and believe it or not
my views should matter to SOE. I wouldnt be surprised if they simply think
they can simply ignore the major complaints by customers and carry on as
normal like you stated they did with EQ1.

This time however EQ1 is not the only MMORPG, the market is getting very
competitive and customers do now have other options.

Personally I am waiting for WoW's europe release. If the 'Major Patch' that
SOE has been promising for the last few weeks doesnt fix the gameplay
problem for solo players then i'm out. SOE has stated that including a lot
more single player content is at the top of their list but the lastest patch
that nerfed solo play even more doesnt fill me with hope.

"Timothy J. Trace" <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Careful, or this thread will derail into a world-class bitch session. You
> can make some
> of the people happy some of the time........
>
> ........but some of the people will never be happy, period.
>
>>Could someone tell me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?
>
> During the summer of 2004, SOE held a player/developer summit, wherein
> they discussed the
> direction of EQL at length and took suggestions for improving the game.
> Many of those
> player suggestions have since appeared in the gameworld, always clearly
> marked in the
> relevant patch message. In my experience, these customer-driven changes
> have typically
> been positive enhancements.
>
> (I do not know if the farming of opinions and suggestions is an ongoing
> process.)
>
> SoE has established an official account on at least my class website, and
> that the owner
> checks in occasionally with the community. I can only assume (or !hope!)
> that the same
> activity is taking place on other class websites.

My complaint really lies with the structure of the game rather than the
classes. I can understand how these can take a while to tweak etc.

It's basically the major areas of the gameplay that seem to have problems,
such as crafting, selling and the obvious forced grouping that SOE seem
obsessed with.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:10:02 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote:

>It's basically the major areas of the gameplay that seem to have problems,
>such as crafting, selling and the obvious forced grouping that SOE seem
>obsessed with.

I cannot speak knowledgeably about complaints #1 and #2, but what's this about "obvious
forced grouping?"

IIRC, Gates of Discord introduced single-player tasks. I've run a few of these, each of
which took less than 15 minutes to complete, and rewarded me with approximately the same
amount of XP that I'd get from successfully soloing 2x mobs...which would take about 15
minutes with regen time.

Another point: if they made high-level mobs easy enough to solo, they'd always be dead
when you went looking for them.

Unk <unkadunk@nothere.com> wrote in

> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in
>
>>> Did they do this with EQ1?
>>>
>> This is EXACTLY what they did in eq1, and why I wont go near another
> SOE
>> game.
>
> It boggles the mind that people continue to complain about EQ2 being
> group friendly. That's what game has been designed for and promoted
> as from day one. The same thing with EQ1, in that case they pushed it
> even more in the beginning as a group oriented game when it came out,
> yet people to this day are still complaining that it's a group
> oriented game and it's tough soloing. Double duh!
>
> I solo and it's tough a lot of the time, but that's how the game was
> written. It's not a democracy where people playing it get to design
> it according to their own wants and needs. But that sure doesn't stop
> them from trying over and over and over and over for years.

I gotta agree. I'm glad SoE is sticking to their original design and
philosophy. I would feel that way about any game, regardless of which
route it took, soloable, groupable or both. I think it's a bad idea to
design the core of a game with one philosophy in mind and then try to
bend it to satisfy another. It is what it is. Play it if it's your bag,
don't if it's not.

Additionally, it's no secret that people will tend to beg for things
that aren't necessarily good for them or the game in the long run.
Instant gratification rules the day far too often.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

> "Unk" <unkadunk@nothere.com> wrote in message
>> "Vladesch" <vladeschxxxx@bigxxxxxpond.net.auxxx> wrote in

>>> This is EXACTLY what they did in eq1, and why I wont go near another
>>> SOE game.
>>
>> It boggles the mind that people continue to complain about EQ2 being
>> group friendly. That's what game has been designed for and promoted
>> as from day one.
>
> It was also clearly stated that you could play the game solo, which is
> simply rubbish. Here's a quote from SOE before the game was released:
>
> Q.Will I be able to solo whenever I want to?
>
> A. Yes. We want players to enjoy themselves regardless of their
> preferred play style or how many hours a day they can log in. Our game
> has significant amounts of content designed for all classes to be able
> to solo at all levels, including quests, jobs assigned by NPCs, and
> areas where opponents can be fought solo rather than in a group.
>
> That is basically a pack of lies.
>
> Bizzarely with the latest 'patch' they have made it even more
> difficult to solo. They have increased the damage done by mobs.
> Basically only mobs drop chests which means it is getting pretty much
> impossible to get chest drops and further your character without
> grouping.
>
> When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo
> quests. By the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.
>
> I've got nothing against people who want to group, it's SOE forcing
> players to play a certain way and nerfing the game to make solo play
> even more difficult than it should be.
>
>>The same thing with EQ1, in that case they pushed it even
>> more in the beginning as a group oriented game when it came out, yet
>> people to this day are still complaining that it's a group oriented
>> game and it's tough soloing. Double duh!
>>
>> I solo and it's tough a lot of the time, but that's how the game was
>> written. It's not a democracy where people playing it get to design
>> it according to their own wants and needs. But that sure doesn't stop
>> them from trying over and over and over and over for years.
>
> I never played EQ1 so I cant comment on that.
>
> It may not be a democracy but I am a paying customer and believe it or
> not my views should matter to SOE. I wouldnt be surprised if they
> simply think they can simply ignore the major complaints by customers
> and carry on as normal like you stated they did with EQ1.
>
> This time however EQ1 is not the only MMORPG, the market is getting
> very competitive and customers do now have other options.
>
> Personally I am waiting for WoW's europe release. If the 'Major Patch'
> that SOE has been promising for the last few weeks doesnt fix the
> gameplay problem for solo players then i'm out. SOE has stated that
> including a lot more single player content is at the top of their list
> but the lastest patch that nerfed solo play even more doesnt fill me
> with hope.

Still soloing at 20...

Sure I group too, and it's much better xp, but, soloing has not been hard
to do.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

Timothy J. Trace <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in

> Careful, or this thread will derail into a world-class bitch session.
> You can make some of the people happy some of the time........
>
> ........but some of the people will never be happy, period.
>
>>Could someone tell me if SOE actual take players opinions into
>>account?
>
> During the summer of 2004, SOE held a player/developer summit, wherein
> they discussed the direction of EQL at length and took suggestions for
> improving the game. Many of those player suggestions have since
> appeared in the gameworld, always clearly marked in the relevant patch
> message. In my experience, these customer-driven changes have
> typically been positive enhancements.

During the summer of 2004, SoE held an uber guild player/developer
summit...

Many of the suggestions from that summit were not particularly beneficial
to the run of the mill players.

> (I do not know if the farming of opinions and suggestions is an
> ongoing process.)
>
> SoE has established an official account on at least my class website,
> and that the owner checks in occasionally with the community. I can
> only assume (or !hope!) that the same activity is taking place on
> other class websites.

They are certainly doing better in regards to listening to customers than
they did prior to 2004. My favorite one is loads of players complaining
that alchemy is broken, SoE (or was it still Verant?) replying, no it's
not. Eventually after many months, they finally admitted, oh, yeah, it
is...

--

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:10:02 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote:
>
>>It's basically the major areas of the gameplay that seem to have problems,
>>such as crafting, selling and the obvious forced grouping that SOE seem
>>obsessed with.
>
> I cannot speak knowledgeably about complaints #1 and #2, but what's this
> about "obvious
> forced grouping?"

Well the latest patch has made it even more difficult to solo mob groups.
This coupled with the fact that it's very rare that a solo creature will
drop a chest makes it very difficult to improve your character at higher
levels.

Also the lack of solo quests at higher levels also forces people to group as
there's no other way of ganing experience.

> IIRC, Gates of Discord introduced single-player tasks. I've run a few of
> these, each of
> which took less than 15 minutes to complete, and rewarded me with
> approximately the same
> amount of XP that I'd get from successfully soloing 2x mobs...which would
> take about 15
> minutes with regen time.
>
> Another point: if they made high-level mobs easy enough to solo, they'd
> always be dead
> when you went looking for them.

I'm not asking for them to be made easier, though I think it's taking the
piss that they made them harder. I'm simply asking for more solo quests that
can be completed on your own. There are way to many quests that are supposed
to be solo yet it turns out are impossible to complete on your own.

"Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message
> I never played EQ1 so i'm not sure of the history of SOE. Could someone tell
> me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?
>
> I'm amazed that with all the annoyed solo players out there complaining
> about the lack of solo content and forced grouping that SOE have introduced
> a patch to make it more difficult to solo. It's a really bizzare way to
> treat paying customers and I simply cant work it out.

They're adding more solo quests in the big patch, which is due out sometime this
month I think (it was supposed to be before Christmas, but then the server
screwup delayed everything).

Rich

Wolfie

Cheddar wrote:

> I'm amazed that with all the annoyed solo players out there
> complaining about the lack of solo content and forced grouping that
> SOE have introduced a patch to make it more difficult to solo.

I would be amazed too if they did that. But they didn't,
so I'm not. They made *group* mobs melee better
because they were trivial to level-appropriate *groups.*
If a *solo* player can reliably kill *group* mobs,
that means they're EASY for *groups.*

If you want to solo, solo *solo* mobs. Duh. There's
plenty out there. They do have the same loot tables,
it'll just take more kills. Which is appropriate -- after
all, there's six people looking for loot in a group
supposedly. More *solo* quests will be added
with the big patch -- 30 or 40 or so from what I've
seen.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Meaffwin wrote:

> Once you hit 25 and get EL access (which will require a group), the
> area near the docks are loaded with soloable creatures.

No kidding! My husband and I can comfortably duo yellow group mobs, so we
were very frustrated to find that there were so many frigging solo mobs
around the docks! And too far into the zone it became too tough for us at
29.

Until we discovered that they actually gave about 1/5 of the xp of group
mobs *and* we could kill 5 in the time it took to kill one group mob with
me not needing to heal at all...so it's all good.

Course, it left us with a quandry...do we "steal" mobs that are rightfully
meant for groups, or do we mow through mobs rightfully meant for soloers?
<:( One of the downsides of being a group-mob-capable duo is that groups
don't even blink about moving into our space, because they assume we are
only doing solo mobs, and woe betide us if we ask they to respect us as
they'd respect another full group! (I got a nice "Take your powergamer
ways away from the RP server!" this morning when I asked them to stop
taking mobs we were setting up to engage. Meh.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[29 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth Newleaf
[10 High Elf Brawler] Foxeye

On Order (Horizons):
[10 Monk/Druid Saris] Foxeye

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:06:56 -0000, "Cheddar" <me@there.net>
wrotC:DRIVE_E

>Q.Will I be able to solo whenever I want to?
>
>A. Yes. We want players to enjoy themselves regardless of their preferred
>play style or how many hours a day they can log in. Our game has significant
>amounts of content designed for all classes to be able to solo at all
>levels, including quests, jobs assigned by NPCs, and areas where opponents
>can be fought solo rather than in a group.
>
>That is basically a pack of lies.

Nope.

There's not one word in it not true.

There are solo regions in the outdoor zones, and solo quests to take
advantage of them. The wholesaler tasks assigned by NPCs (the 'jobs')
are all soloable.

There are:
Solo quests (with more coming).
Solo jobs assigned by NPCs.
Areas where oppoenents can be fought solo.

All of those things exist. Every last one of them. Nothing in the
paragraph is a lie.

What it doesn't say -- and which people like to imagine it says -- is
'You will be able to experience the entire game if you solo'. You
won't. It says there's "significant content" -- not "ALL content".
('significant' is, of course, a weasel word, with no fixed meaning,
but I've seen plenty of solo areas in Antonica and the Steppes, and
ditto solo quests)

"Wolfie" <dbgbdwolf@gte.net> wrote in message
> Cheddar wrote:
>
>> I'm amazed that with all the annoyed solo players out there
>> complaining about the lack of solo content and forced grouping that
>> SOE have introduced a patch to make it more difficult to solo.
>
> I would be amazed too if they did that. But they didn't,
> so I'm not. They made *group* mobs melee better
> because they were trivial to level-appropriate *groups.*
> If a *solo* player can reliably kill *group* mobs,
> that means they're EASY for *groups.*

But solo players have no other option but to try and kill mob as they are
the ones that drop the loot. Without solo quests that give rewards, the solo
players are stuck in terms of advancement.

> If you want to solo, solo *solo* mobs. Duh. There's
> plenty out there. They do have the same loot tables,
> it'll just take more kills. Which is appropriate -- after
> all, there's six people looking for loot in a group
> supposedly. More *solo* quests will be added
> with the big patch -- 30 or 40 or so from what I've
> seen.

Well i'm not holding by breath. Even some of the supposedly solo quests in
the game already cannot be completed on your own.

> "Meaffwin" <suka_@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Cheddar wrote:
>>
>>> When you reach lvl 20 there is a HUGE drop in the amount of solo
>>> quests. By the time you are at lvl 30 you might as well forget it.
>>
>> I'm guessing that you are taking this on hearsay and haven't tried it
>> yourself, correct? I haven't spent much more time in TS than
>> required to run to RoV, but in Nek there are solo creatures right at
>> the CL zone, as well as the beach. You can find solo treants and
>> bears also. There is a lot more grouped mobs, but there are solo ones
>> also.
>>
>> Once you hit 25 and get EL access (which will require a group), the
>> area near the docks are loaded with soloable creatures. Even after
>> the patch that beefed critters up yesterday I am able to solo pretty
>> readily there, and I get ripped to shreds in a toe-to-toe fight.
>>
>> There are plenty of places to solo, at least up as far as 36 so far,
>> you just need to keep your eyes open and look for them.
>
> I disagree. Solo monsters rarely drop chests which is why solo quests
> are desperately needed for the solo player.

Chances of getting chests seem to be about equal, per actual mob killed
of getting a chest from group or solo mobs. It seems rare soloing, but
consider, in a group there are up to 6 people who are sharing those
chests, while soloing there is just one person getting the chest. My
experience up to level 20 anyway, seems to show that I get about the same
number of chest drops where I get something from it whether grouped or
soloing.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

"Timothy J. Trace" <tim@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Careful, or this thread will derail into a world-class bitch session. You
can make some
> of the people happy some of the time........
>
> ........but some of the people will never be happy, period.
>
> >Could someone tell me if SOE actual take players opinions into account?
>
> During the summer of 2004, SOE held a player/developer summit, wherein they
discussed the
> direction of EQL at length and took suggestions for improving the game.
Many* of those
> player suggestions have since appeared in the gameworld, always clearly
marked in the
> relevant patch message.

*You spelled 'A few of the unimportant ones' wrong, btw.

--
Simond
"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:26:20 -0000, "Simond"
<apocalypsecow@spamfilterdeletemeplease.dsl.pipex.net> wrote:

>*You spelled 'A few of the unimportant ones' wrong, btw.

LOL, too funny!

Wolfie

Cheddar wrote:

> But solo players have no other option but to try and kill mob as they
> are the ones that drop the loot.

No, they aren't. The best drop I've gotten so far (level 29
Fury Adept) came from a solo mob, as did the Bootstrutter's
quest drop and tons of other ones. No, they're not as
common. But you're not competing for five other players
for the actual drop, either...

> Without solo quests that give rewards, the solo players are stuck in terms
> of advancement.

No, it's just slower. Welcome to Everquest...

> Even some of the supposedly solo
> quests in the game already cannot be completed on your own.

I've yet to find a solo quest I couldn't solo. Certain quests
are GROUP quests even though they're for your character.
The entire AQ series, for example. Just because the reward
is for your character doesn't mean it's designed to be done
solo...