Compaq 5204

I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
then start w98.
any ideas ??
I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
order.

thanks
Charlie

--
Semper Fi
1 answer Last reply

    Not sure on your issue, but the processor in your 5204 is an AMD K6/2 350,
    not a Pentium.
    HH

    "Charlie" <charlie597@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have the above computer as a P350. Had to format the 4 gig drive, put
    > W98 se in all went well except that now it will only boot as a new install
    > ex= [enter # 1 for CD Rom support] then after CD Rom drivers are loaded I
    > get [cannot read from A:\] abort retry fail. When I hit ..[abort] it will
    > then start w98.
    > any ideas ??
    > I dont have a restore disk. and there is NO option in Bios to change boot
    > order.
    >
    > thanks
    > Charlie
    >

    > --