System restore and defrag don't work!?

I have tried to do system restore and every time it says "restore incomplete".
Also when I defrag it won't let me analyze or defrag. Please help!!
2 answers Last reply
More about system restore defrag work

    Hi

    One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
    turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
    checkpoints:

    Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
    Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
    that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
    drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
    new SR checkpoint.

    Have you got at least 15% free disk space available for Defrag to work?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "chulorommell" <chulorommell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have tried to do system restore and every time it says "restore
    >incomplete".
    > Also when I defrag it won't let me analyze or defrag. Please help!!

    Hi,

    Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
    Please post the event information from Event Viewer as suggested in
    the page below along with any other error message generated by System
    Restore. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.

    System Restore Failures to restore
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/html/body_srfail.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    chulorommell wrote:
    > I have tried to do system restore and every time it says
    > "restore incomplete". Also when I defrag it won't let me
    > analyze or defrag. Please help!!

Defragment Microsoft System Restore Windows XP