Sign in with
Your question

Skyrim Crash intro and character creation crash

Last response: in Video Games
January 12, 2012 6:17:39 AM

I need help.... Just built a really nice PC last weekend, picked up Skyrim and can't do anything up to Character Creation... GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 8GB Ram, 7200 RPM Hard Drive, even a water cooling kit for my case and a 750 watt power supply. I have the new beta drivers from Nvidia. I have also tried the sound fix and that didn't work. Scaled back even though I shouldn't have to and those tests didn't work out. I have no mods for the game, I am LOST and I hate it. I want to place this wonderful game. I also during the character creation get some kind of blue type of thing in the corner that says test. I am also running Windows 7 64 bit... Any help please!!!!!! Battlefield 3 runs smooth on ultra FYI.
January 12, 2012 6:48:50 AM

i have a 560 Ti and 8 gig ram like you and it works great, so it shouldnt be the hardware.

do you mean that you cant control your character until character creation? thats normal, its an intro, you can only look around at first.
m
l
January 12, 2012 7:34:40 AM

Use the 285.62 driver.
m
l
January 12, 2012 12:00:29 PM

yeah I'd say try the older driver.

not sure what the blue thing in corner saying test is, you might want to look into that.
m
l
!