Desktop icons always reset

For some reason, suddenly my desktop icons reset to an alphabetically array
every time I restart my computer. Since I organize my icons by logical group,
this is very frsutrating. How do I stop this from happening?
2 answers Last reply
More about desktop icons reset

    Curt, I believe that auto-arrange may have been turned on. Right-click on
    your desktop (not on any icons or windows), drop down to the sort option and
    uncheck "Auto-Arrange"
    Hope this helps

    "Curt" wrote:

    > For some reason, suddenly my desktop icons reset to an alphabetically array
    > every time I restart my computer. Since I organize my icons by logical group,
    > this is very frsutrating. How do I stop this from happening?

  2. Sorry to resurrect this post but I have the same problem on a customers PC and the closest search was this one.

    Auto arrange is OFF

    I can add , move icons around on the desktop but when the PC reboots, they are back in the same order they were when last reboot.

    FYI XP SP3 , IE 8 , Office 2007 all latest patches etc on an Acer Laptop
    AV is Eset smart security ver 4

    this happened after a number of spyware / trojans were deleted

    else there are no other problems , except the frustration.

Microsoft Desktop Icons Windows XP