Desktop icons always reset

April 29, 2005 8:05:16 AM

For some reason, suddenly my desktop icons reset to an alphabetically array
every time I restart my computer. Since I organize my icons by logical group,
this is very frsutrating. How do I stop this from happening?

More about : desktop icons reset

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:42:03 AM

Curt, I believe that auto-arrange may have been turned on. Right-click on
your desktop (not on any icons or windows), drop down to the sort option and
uncheck "Auto-Arrange"
Hope this helps

"Curt" wrote:

> For some reason, suddenly my desktop icons reset to an alphabetically array
> every time I restart my computer. Since I organize my icons by logical group,
> this is very frsutrating. How do I stop this from happening?

August 28, 2009 11:29:36 AM

Sorry to resurrect this post but I have the same problem on a customers PC and the closest search was this one.

Auto arrange is OFF

I can add , move icons around on the desktop but when the PC reboots, they are back in the same order they were when last reboot.

FYI XP SP3 , IE 8 , Office 2007 all latest patches etc on an Acer Laptop
AV is Eset smart security ver 4

this happened after a number of spyware / trojans were deleted

else there are no other problems , except the frustration.

!