Firemyst Question EQ2

I have the control the undead quest in the Firemyst. How many of those darn
skellies do have to kill before the quest is completed?

More about firemyst question

    "Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in

    > I have the control the undead quest in the Firemyst. How many of
    > those darn skellies do have to kill before the quest is completed?

    Is that the quest obtained inside Firemyst? The Cleanse quest?

    If so, it's not a huge number, but that is far from the end of the quest...

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    On 5 Jan 2005 16:16:04 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

    >> I have the control the undead quest in the Firemyst. How many of
    >> those darn skellies do have to kill before the quest is completed?

    >Is that the quest obtained inside Firemyst? The Cleanse quest?

    >If so, it's not a huge number, but that is far from the end of the quest...

    And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    kinda exploiting the system.

    When the final sigil thingy is taken the entire zone aggros on you.
    The entire zone. You'd be hard pressed just to survive the mob where
    the final sigil is let alone 100+ other critters joining in. I doubt
    even a huge raid party could survive it. And your hard pressed just to
    get a single group together to get in there.

    One guy in our group told us how it had to be done. Everyone goes to
    the fort and logs out except two people. One guy stays behind where
    the final sigil is, the other in the fort. The guy in the fort then
    logs out and sends a group message when he's at 10 seconds to go. The
    guy at the sigil then runs in, grabs the sigil, gets annihilated just
    before the final guy logs out, thereby getting the quest credit.
    Everyone then logs back in and the sacrifice guy gets ressed, everyone
    gets their reward.

    I stayed behind and another guy did too, I guess I didn't really
    believe the guy when he said it was a gauranteed wipe. The three of us
    went down in about 5 seconds, and that was before the vast majority
    of the zone even got to us.

    Still, was a great reward. Just wish they'd make it so there was some
    way to do it properly.

    Cheers,

    Fazza <gjf_fazza@hotmail.com> writes:

    > On 5 Jan 2005 16:16:04 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    > >> I have the control the undead quest in the Firemyst. How many of
    > >> those darn skellies do have to kill before the quest is completed?
    >
    > >Is that the quest obtained inside Firemyst? The Cleanse quest?
    >
    > >If so, it's not a huge number, but that is far from the end of the quest...
    >
    > And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    > quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    > kinda exploiting the system.

    I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    case there is a trick to doing it properly. But I could be wrong,
    because I've levelled past Firemyst and never done the quests in
    there.

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    > Fazza <gjf_fazza@hotmail.com> writes:

    > > >Is that the quest obtained inside Firemyst? The Cleanse quest?
    > >
    > > >If so, it's not a huge number, but that is far from the end of the
    quest...

    > > And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    > > quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    > > kinda exploiting the system.
    >
    > I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    > case there is a trick to doing it properly. But I could be wrong,
    > because I've levelled past Firemyst and never done the quests in
    > there.

    <tosses in a pair of copper coins>

    I do have to agree with Patrick here. I recall that this very thing
    happened. When reading about the quest during Beta. If I recall, the key
    was to clear the zone prior to taking on the final challenge. I have not
    done this, so I cannot truly say, but that was what I remember reading.

    I do hope that helps.

    Fin and others.

    "Scott" <user1@modernceltNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> Fazza <gjf_fazza@hotmail.com> writes:

    > quest...
    >> >
    >> > And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    >> > quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    >> > kinda exploiting the system.
    >>
    >> I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    >> case there is a trick to doing it properly. But I could be wrong,
    >> because I've levelled past Firemyst and never done the quests in
    >> there.
    >
    > <tosses in a pair of copper coins>
    >
    > I do have to agree with Patrick here. I recall that this very thing
    > happened. When reading about the quest during Beta. If I recall, the
    > key
    > was to clear the zone prior to taking on the final challenge. I have not
    > done this, so I cannot truly say, but that was what I remember reading.
    >
    > I do hope that helps.
    >
    > Fin and others.

    I have done the quest you are talking about..I think. Yes the trick to to
    clear the zone..especially the graves around the final battle. Great reward
    after yuou have completed it. You will most likely need a well balanced
    group to do this quest..good luck

    Dave

    Fazza <gjf_fazza@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > On 5 Jan 2005 16:16:04 GMT, Graeme Faelban
    > <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>> I have the control the undead quest in the Firemyst. How many of
    >>> those darn skellies do have to kill before the quest is completed?
    >
    >>Is that the quest obtained inside Firemyst? The Cleanse quest?
    >
    >>If so, it's not a huge number, but that is far from the end of the
    >>quest...
    >
    > And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    > quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    > kinda exploiting the system.
    >
    > When the final sigil thingy is taken the entire zone aggros on you.
    > The entire zone. You'd be hard pressed just to survive the mob where
    > the final sigil is let alone 100+ other critters joining in. I doubt
    > even a huge raid party could survive it. And your hard pressed just to
    > get a single group together to get in there.
    >
    > One guy in our group told us how it had to be done. Everyone goes to
    > the fort and logs out except two people. One guy stays behind where
    > the final sigil is, the other in the fort. The guy in the fort then
    > logs out and sends a group message when he's at 10 seconds to go. The
    > guy at the sigil then runs in, grabs the sigil, gets annihilated just
    > before the final guy logs out, thereby getting the quest credit.
    > Everyone then logs back in and the sacrifice guy gets ressed, everyone
    > gets their reward.
    >
    > I stayed behind and another guy did too, I guess I didn't really
    > believe the guy when he said it was a gauranteed wipe. The three of us
    > went down in about 5 seconds, and that was before the vast majority
    > of the zone even got to us.
    >
    > Still, was a great reward. Just wish they'd make it so there was some
    > way to do it properly.

    They did.

    Buy a shovel from the merchant in the fort. Dig up all of the graves,
    fight the one to two mobs that spawn from each grave as you dig it up.
    Once you have cleared all of the graves, you can then safely do the final
    fight to get the last sigil. Nothing else will agro on you. The mobs
    you saw agro were all the ones the Necromancer (that is the final
    encounter) summoned from the graves.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    "Scott" <user1@modernceltNOSPAM.org> wrote in

    > <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message
    >> Fazza <gjf_fazza@hotmail.com> writes:

    >> > And the quest is stupid. How is being wiped supposed to be a good
    >> > quest ? The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is
    >> > by kinda exploiting the system.
    >>
    >> I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    >> case there is a trick to doing it properly. But I could be wrong,
    >> because I've levelled past Firemyst and never done the quests in
    >> there.
    >
    > <tosses in a pair of copper coins>
    >
    > I do have to agree with Patrick here. I recall that this very thing
    > happened. When reading about the quest during Beta. If I recall,
    > the key was to clear the zone prior to taking on the final challenge.
    > I have not done this, so I cannot truly say, but that was what I
    > remember reading.
    >
    > I do hope that helps.
    >
    > Fin and others.

    I have done it successfully, no exploits of any kind. You do not need to
    clear the entire zone, you need to clear all the graves using a shovel
    bought from the merchant in the fort. Clear the graves one at a time, by
    digging up the grave, which spawns one or two (maybe even three) mobs.
    Then you can safely do the final encounter with only the Necromancer and
    his two guards agroing.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    "Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote>
    > I have done it successfully, no exploits of any kind. You do not need to
    > clear the entire zone, you need to clear all the graves using a shovel
    > bought from the merchant in the fort. Clear the graves one at a time, by
    > digging up the grave, which spawns one or two (maybe even three) mobs.
    > Then you can safely do the final encounter with only the Necromancer and
    > his two guards agroing.
    >
    > --
    > On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
    > Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Prophet of 69 seasons
    >
    > On Steamfont
    > Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    That is exactly what I read. Thank you for the confirmation there Graeme!

    Fin

    "Dave & Amanda" <dproujan@comcast.net> wrote in

    > "Scott" <user1@modernceltNOSPAM.org> wrote in message
    >> <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message

    >>> I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    >>> case there is a trick to doing it properly. But I could be wrong,
    >>> because I've levelled past Firemyst and never done the quests in
    >>> there.
    >>
    >> <tosses in a pair of copper coins>
    >>
    >> I do have to agree with Patrick here. I recall that this very thing
    >> happened. When reading about the quest during Beta. If I recall,
    >> the key was to clear the zone prior to taking on the final challenge.
    >> I have not done this, so I cannot truly say, but that was what I
    >> remember reading.
    >
    > I have done the quest you are talking about..I think. Yes the trick
    > to to clear the zone..especially the graves around the final battle.
    > Great reward after yuou have completed it. You will most likely need
    > a well balanced group to do this quest..good luck

    You do not need to clear the zone, only the graveyards. I've done it
    twice now, I am quite certain of this.

    --

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:19:15 GMT, Fazza wrote:

    >The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by
    >kinda exploiting the system.

    I've kinda let "A Foul Wind" sleep in my journal because og the complexity
    of getting the right group together. That, and the rumors about how
    virtually impossible it was to complete the quest in a sensible way combined
    with the fact that you cannot go there solo and familiarize yourself with
    the zone in advance.

    This thread has revoked my appetite for Firemyst Gully, but I'm now a lvl24
    guardian. Without spoiling the suspense, can you tell me if the reward would
    still be valuable to me?
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarven Guardian on Highkeep

    (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

    Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in

    > On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 07:19:15 GMT, Fazza wrote:
    >
    >>The reward is great but the only way it can be completed is by kinda
    >>exploiting the system.
    >
    > I've kinda let "A Foul Wind" sleep in my journal because og the
    > complexity of getting the right group together. That, and the rumors
    > about how virtually impossible it was to complete the quest in a
    > sensible way combined with the fact that you cannot go there solo and
    > familiarize yourself with the zone in advance.
    >
    > This thread has revoked my appetite for Firemyst Gully, but I'm now a
    > lvl24 guardian. Without spoiling the suspense, can you tell me if the
    > reward would still be valuable to me?

    I have not completed Foul Wind yet, I have completed the Cleansing quest
    that is given inside the normal instance of Firemyst. I wore the reward
    from that one until someone made me a tier 3 necklace. I do intend on
    trying to complet Foul Wind yet before I level much more.

    --

    On 6 Jan 2005 19:39:03 GMT, Graeme Faelban wrote:

    >I have not completed Foul Wind yet, I have completed the Cleansing quest
    >that is given inside the normal instance of Firemyst. I wore the reward
    >from that one until someone made me a tier 3 necklace. I do intend on
    >trying to complet Foul Wind yet before I level much more.

    Okay, perhaps you could elaborate a bit? I have obtained access to FG and I
    have a quest named "A Foul Wind". When I try to enter FG, I'm met with the
    choice between "A Foul Wind" or just FG.

    The quest we've been discussing here, with the graves and the shovel and all
    that, is "Cleansing", which is somehow obtained by entering the normal FG
    instance, right?

    Are the two quests in any way interlinked?

    If I want to do "A Foul Wind", will everybody in the party need to bring
    that quest, or can they help out as long as they're grouped with me?
    --

    > On 6 Jan 2005 19:39:03 GMT, Graeme Faelban wrote:
    >
    >>I have not completed Foul Wind yet, I have completed the Cleansing
    >>quest that is given inside the normal instance of Firemyst. I wore
    >>the reward from that one until someone made me a tier 3 necklace. I
    >>do intend on trying to complet Foul Wind yet before I level much more.
    >
    > Okay, perhaps you could elaborate a bit? I have obtained access to FG
    > and I have a quest named "A Foul Wind". When I try to enter FG, I'm
    > met with the choice between "A Foul Wind" or just FG.
    >
    > The quest we've been discussing here, with the graves and the shovel
    > and all that, is "Cleansing", which is somehow obtained by entering
    > the normal FG instance, right?
    >
    > Are the two quests in any way interlinked?

    To the best of my knowledge there is no link whatsoever between the
    quests. If you enter the normal FG, you can get the cleansing quest, not
    sure if it is also available in the Foul Wind instance or not. To get
    the cleansing quest, talk to one of the NPCs in the fort, only one will
    give you a quest.

    > If I want to do "A Foul Wind", will everybody in the party need to
    > bring that quest, or can they help out as long as they're grouped with
    > me? --

    I assume that not everyone needs to have the Foul Wind quest in order for
    you to complete it, but someone who has the quest must be the one to
    click in, and he must select the Foul Wind instance.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont
    Graeme, 20 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar

    <patrik@nordebo.com> wrote in message

    > I think this is the one Bob Perez described from the beta, in which
    > case there is a trick to doing it properly.

    Yeah, I wrote about this one in beta. The quest has undergone some changes
    since then but it's still basically the same idea and Graeme has outlined it
    pretty well. It's one of my favorites for that level. One thing I would add
    to the discussion of the reward is that doing it at level 15 yielded me
    almost 50% experience, and that alone just about eclipsed the loot.

    --
    Redbeard
    <Veritas>

    Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
    <Resolution, Retired>
    Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
    Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Games Video Games