WinXP Diagnostic Startup

Does running the WinXP Diagnostic Startup turn off System Restore? Will
running Diagnostic Startup delete previous System Restore Points?

I got the answer to this question from a Microsoft MVP. The answer is yes,
Diagnostic Startup deletes System Restore Points.

HMT wrote:
> I got the answer to this question from a Microsoft MVP. The answer is
> yes, Diagnostic Startup deletes System Restore Points.
>
> "HMT" wrote:
>
>> Does running the WinXP Diagnostic Startup turn off System Restore?
>> Will running Diagnostic Startup delete previous System Restore
>> Points?

If you do NOT clear the selection for "Load System Services", the System restore points would be retained due to the fact, for one, that System Restore service would still be enabled.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Maurice,

When I select Diagnostic Startup, I'm not given the option to check Load
System Services - it's greyed out. Is something wrong with my WinXP? If I
select the Selective Startup option, I can check Load System Services. I
assume if I use the Selective Startup option, I need to select Load System
Services to keep my Restore Points?

HMT wrote:
> Maurice,
>
> When I select Diagnostic Startup, I'm not given the option to check
> Load System Services - it's greyed out. Is something wrong with my
> WinXP? If I select the Selective Startup option, I can check Load
> System Services. I assume if I use the Selective Startup option, I
> need to select Load System Services to keep my Restore Points?

Yes, that is my opinion.
--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User