  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 30, 2005 5:32:03 PM

I loaded a new program into my computer, then I was a question by the
computer that I needed to restore the XP window back because I lost some
files. I looked for my disk in storage and all over my home, but to no
avail. How can I restore these files again. lost.

More about : find disk restore files

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:37:41 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

Use the following procedure to correct Windows XP system files.

Go to Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter. In the resulting
Command Prompt window, type: SFC /SCANNOW , and hit enter.
You may be prompted to insert your Windows CD in the CD Drive.

SFC = System File Checker. SFC will scan your system and replace
missing or damaged XP system files with the correct version.

Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)
http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Miguel Salazar" wrote:

| I loaded a new program into my computer, then I was a question by the
| computer that I needed to restore the XP window back because I lost some
| files. I looked for my disk in storage and all over my home, but to no
| avail. How can I restore these files again. lost.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:42:23 AM

Hi

Open Windows Explorer and search for the i386 folder, then run the following
command from Start>Run:

sfc /scannow

When asked for the XP CD point to the i386 folder instead.

Have you tried here:

"How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User