Can not find XP disk to restore files

I loaded a new program into my computer, then I was a question by the
computer that I needed to restore the XP window back because I lost some
files. I looked for my disk in storage and all over my home, but to no
avail. How can I restore these files again. lost.
2 answers Last reply
More about find disk restore files

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

    Use the following procedure to correct Windows XP system files.

    Go to Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter. In the resulting
    Command Prompt window, type: SFC /SCANNOW , and hit enter.
    You may be prompted to insert your Windows CD in the CD Drive.

    SFC = System File Checker. SFC will scan your system and replace
    missing or damaged XP system files with the correct version.

    Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)
    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Miguel Salazar" wrote:

    | I loaded a new program into my computer, then I was a question by the
    | computer that I needed to restore the XP window back because I lost some
    | files. I looked for my disk in storage and all over my home, but to no
    | avail. How can I restore these files again. lost.

    Hi

    Open Windows Explorer and search for the i386 folder, then run the following
    command from Start>Run:

    sfc /scannow

    When asked for the XP CD point to the i386 folder instead.

    Have you tried here:

    "How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Miguel Salazar" <Miguel Salazar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I loaded a new program into my computer, then I was a question by the
    > computer that I needed to restore the XP window back because I lost some
    > files. I looked for my disk in storage and all over my home, but to no
    > avail. How can I restore these files again. lost.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP