manually deleting temp files

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 1, 2005 1:28:34 AM

I delete temp files by typing c:\windows\temp in the dialog box (start>run).
There are 3 yellow folders thee: Cookies, History & temp internet files. Is
it safe to delete the folders themselves?

--
john

More about : manually deleting temp files

May 1, 2005 3:08:05 AM

John,

Do not delete those folders! They may be "undeleteable" anyway becuase they
are system folders.

Instead of typing c:\windows\temp type just "temp" and "%temp%" this way you
won't get the folders and all files here are safe to delete. One or two files
may not be deleted becuase it is still in use, no worry it should be a very
small file anyway.

Also, these same files can be deleted from Explorer and within IE itself.

Hope this helps.

"john" wrote:

> I delete temp files by typing c:\windows\temp in the dialog box (start>run).
> There are 3 yellow folders thee: Cookies, History & temp internet files. Is
> it safe to delete the folders themselves?
>
> --
> john
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:14:07 PM

Those folders are NOT supposed to be in the temp folder. They can be
deleted. If they do not delete because they are in use, reboot and delete
them. Those folders are supposed to be (by default) in your personal account
under Documents and settings | *acct name*!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)