manually deleting temp files

I delete temp files by typing c:\windows\temp in the dialog box (start>run).
There are 3 yellow folders thee: Cookies, History & temp internet files. Is
it safe to delete the folders themselves?

--
john
2 answers Last reply

    John,

    Do not delete those folders! They may be "undeleteable" anyway becuase they
    are system folders.

    Instead of typing c:\windows\temp type just "temp" and "%temp%" this way you
    won't get the folders and all files here are safe to delete. One or two files
    may not be deleted becuase it is still in use, no worry it should be a very
    small file anyway.

    Also, these same files can be deleted from Explorer and within IE itself.

    Hope this helps.

    "john" wrote:

    > I delete temp files by typing c:\windows\temp in the dialog box (start>run).
    > There are 3 yellow folders thee: Cookies, History & temp internet files. Is
    > it safe to delete the folders themselves?
    >
    > --
    > john

    Those folders are NOT supposed to be in the temp folder. They can be
    deleted. If they do not delete because they are in use, reboot and delete
    them. Those folders are supposed to be (by default) in your personal account
    under Documents and settings | *acct name*!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    "Terrence" <Terrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > John,
    >
    > Do not delete those folders! They may be "undeleteable" anyway becuase
    > they
    > are system folders.
    >
    > Instead of typing c:\windows\temp type just "temp" and "%temp%" this way
    > you
    > won't get the folders and all files here are safe to delete. One or two
    > files
    > may not be deleted becuase it is still in use, no worry it should be a
    > very
    > small file anyway.
    >
    > Also, these same files can be deleted from Explorer and within IE itself.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > "john" wrote:
    >
    >> I delete temp files by typing c:\windows\temp in the dialog box
    >> (start>run).
    >> There are 3 yellow folders thee: Cookies, History & temp internet files.
    >> Is
    >> it safe to delete the folders themselves?
    >>
    >> --
    >> john

Microsoft Windows XP