New user account blank

okay so i wanted to make my computer faster so i thought i would make a new
user account, transfer the files in my existing acocunt to the shared
documents folder,then delete my existing account adn start out with a clean
one. so i made a new account and when i logged on to it it just shows the
windows background and nothing happens. there are NO icons and NO start
menu., all i can do is do ctrl+alt+delete and nothing else. how do i get
icons and the start menu to show. oh yes and also when i right click the
desktop the menu does not come up.
thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about user account blank

    Well, did you succeed in making your computer run faster?

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Nathan" wrote:

    | okay so i wanted to make my computer faster so i thought i would make a new
    | user account, transfer the files in my existing acocunt to the shared
    | documents folder,then delete my existing account adn start out with a clean
    | one. so i made a new account and when i logged on to it it just shows the
    | windows background and nothing happens. there are NO icons and NO start
    | menu., all i can do is do ctrl+alt+delete and nothing else. how do i get
    | icons and the start menu to show. oh yes and also when i right click the
    | desktop the menu does not come up.
    | thanks.

Windows XP