Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

scan soft paperport 8.0 totally screwed my system

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:19:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I made the mistake of installing this software on my XP SP2 box. I
can access my files, but applications run increadibly slow,
especiallly Office 2003 applications which PaperPort tried to
integrate with. I tried uninstalling by manually deleting registry
keys enumerated on the Scan Soft website, and I ran the auto fix
executable I downloaded there. Then I tried a repair install of
Office 2003, no luck. I have been resigned to format and reinstall,
unless anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Did you install the latest updates for the program?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"pflueger" <hellboy@tec.nospamcom> wrote in message
news:vf3a71ttpn75ph14vta60ft8fhrtgsmiul@4ax.com...
>I made the mistake of installing this software on my XP SP2 box. I
> can access my files, but applications run increadibly slow,
> especiallly Office 2003 applications which PaperPort tried to
> integrate with. I tried uninstalling by manually deleting registry
> keys enumerated on the Scan Soft website, and I ran the auto fix
> executable I downloaded there. Then I tried a repair install of
> Office 2003, no luck. I have been resigned to format and reinstall,
> unless anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 9:19:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

If you installed this software recently then you might want to
try running System Restore to bring your machine back to a time
before the installation. If you're not familiar with the
procedure you can take a look at these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

http://tinyurl.com/253en

You also might want to check the software makers web site to see
if this is a documented problem. They may have a workaround
available.
--
Nepatsfan
"pflueger" <hellboy@tec.nospamcom> wrote in message
news:vf3a71ttpn75ph14vta60ft8fhrtgsmiul@4ax.com...
>I made the mistake of installing this software on my XP SP2 box.
>I
> can access my files, but applications run increadibly slow,
> especiallly Office 2003 applications which PaperPort tried to
> integrate with. I tried uninstalling by manually deleting
> registry
> keys enumerated on the Scan Soft website, and I ran the auto
> fix
> executable I downloaded there. Then I tried a repair install
> of
> Office 2003, no luck. I have been resigned to format and
> reinstall,
> unless anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 11:05:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

What makes you think there is an update? This is the only update
I could find:

The above families of products were not designed or tested for use
with the new features of XP SP 2. Although testing is currently in
progress, the installation of SP 2 is not recommended until the
testing results are complete.

On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:09:19 -0400, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Did you install the latest updates for the program?
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 1:15:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Because I downloaded it and installed it? Look for update file
pp8082update.exe

As I said, do you have it? It just may solve your problems. Of course you
could always upgrade to Paper Port 9.0

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"pflueger" <hellboy@tec.nospamcom> wrote in message
news:v7aa71hpucdb8i5h8fvej42dkmkj44gre7@4ax.com...
>
>
> What makes you think there is an update? This is the only update
> I could find:
>
> The above families of products were not designed or tested for use
> with the new features of XP SP 2. Although testing is currently in
> progress, the installation of SP 2 is not recommended until the
> testing results are complete.
>
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:09:19 -0400, "Richard Urban"
> <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Did you install the latest updates for the program?
>
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 9:01:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

You must have seen it there once, but I can not find it now. No I do
not have it. Do you have it? If so maybe you could post it to some
newsgroup. Or I might even send you email with my real email address
if you would email it. Because I doubt if microsoft allows posting
files here.

Also, you might be interested to know paperport is now in version
10.0.

On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:15:30 -0400, "Richard Urban"
<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Because I downloaded it and installed it? Look for update file
>pp8082update.exe
>
>As I said, do you have it? It just may solve your problems. Of course you
>could always upgrade to Paper Port 9.0
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 9:01:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The update is 6.3 meg. I will zip it up and send it if you wish.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"pflueger" <hellboy@tec.nospamcom> wrote in message
news:68nc71t2b1h0sdpjhdg0kengskr3vpa6d5@4ax.com...
> You must have seen it there once, but I can not find it now. No I do
> not have it. Do you have it? If so maybe you could post it to some
> newsgroup. Or I might even send you email with my real email address
> if you would email it. Because I doubt if microsoft allows posting
> files here.
>
> Also, you might be interested to know paperport is now in version
> 10.0.
>
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:15:30 -0400, "Richard Urban"
> <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Because I downloaded it and installed it? Look for update file
>>pp8082update.exe
>>
>>As I said, do you have it? It just may solve your problems. Of course you
>>could always upgrade to Paper Port 9.0
>
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 7:24:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I love the way the paperport lets you edit text, delete text, and add text to scanned documents right in the scanner software. Wrote:
>
Omnipage was OCR, and quickly became a resource hog, quirky in
operation, and a large learning curve for the average user.
A search for scanning software in this niche catagory, can come up with
application that run in the thousands of dollars!
My best advice would be to wait. Until you can find the product you
want that is supported within SP2, has the features you want, and
supports your scanner.
Best,
Treeman


--
Treeman
!