Sign in with
Your question

Neverwinter Nights keeps crashing

Last response: in Video Games
January 13, 2012 5:00:14 AM

Hello,
I'm running a Dell XPS720 w/dual Nvidia 8600gts cards . I have checked the stats for my router ( Linksys 3200 ) and all ports are correct for NeverwinterNights 1 (and 2 ) . My problem is that after about 2 minutes into a multiplayer server , the whole server list times out and I have error reports with a million numbers about why it stopped working . I've had my local server people out to look at my system and even they are baffled at this. I have run PFConfig and it's all loaded and fine . Can anyone tell me what the devil's going on with this ? Some nights I get on at 11PM and I play no problem but tonight I'm back at the server disconnects etc again .
January 13, 2012 12:11:15 PM

do you own the said server? or by server people you mean people that actually run the NWN server?

personally I haven't tried playing NWN online aside from a one time LAN party

sorry man, maybe someone else can shine some light on this.
m
l
January 13, 2012 2:03:48 PM

have you tried contacting the server host. they may tell you the problem is at there end. if you cat get to them try the clan site thats hosting the game.

at your end just make sure the correct ports are open and your game is stable... also make sure your patched to the same version as on the servers your playing on... if you dont its likely that you will get booted either as you connect or within a few minutes as the server scans your config.
m
l
January 13, 2012 7:10:33 PM

AntiZig said:
do you own the said server? or by server people you mean people that actually run the NWN server?

personally I haven't tried playing NWN online aside from a one time LAN party

sorry man, maybe someone else can shine some light on this.

I don't own said server ,no ..... these are the servers you see come up when you click on the ' Multiplayer and join internet game ' choices . It's now 4PM here in Georgia and I just checked the game listings and they show all servers as being " Offline " once I click on the " Join Internet Game " . I've never seen anything like this before and I've owned and played this since I bought it back in 2004 or whenever . This has to be some sort of stupid glitch that is so simple it's being overlooked ! I'll try to contact Bioware and Atari about this - maybe they can help out since it's a wierd problem. If you guys know more puter gaming brainiacs , then by all means , chat it up about this . If you coma up with any ideas , I'm always open to them , lol . Thanks for any future assistance in this . Gil
m
l
!