Video and Desktop recording

If you havent heard of it, Action! is a Fraps alternative that has pretty much no effect on FPS. It acheives this by recording what is on screen as its own file then you can convert it to a HQ video after-the-fact, thus saving your computer from having to encode raw video files whilst trying to render the game!

There are several benefits to this:
The lesser hardware requirements mean we can have more people recording for more angles on any particular stunt/shoot with good quality video
The filesizes are very small in comparison to fraps, a 20minute 1920x1200 video I took is 39Mb. This means we could just throw those files onto the SirDrive and not have to worry about encoding/changing video formats etc.
The FPS counter is sexy, but if U don't want it U can turn it off :0 :bounce:
4 answers Last reply
More about video desktop recording
  1. Hey, sounds pretty good, i use hypercam and fraps, (never tried camtasia). With this program can you save the file as any extension? wma wav avi ect.
  2. for audio wav and m4a and for video mp4 but U can check on Youtube quality just write mirillis action test and U will see, i downloaded it and tested few week ago. It damaged me witch quality so i find it necessarily to posy it.
  3. No effect on FPS? All I see are topics about how Fraps eats up people's FPS. I was a long time Fraps user until I found out about Dxtory. There are many reasons why I like it more: You can actually choose what resolution you want to record at, it doesn't record on a single core like Fraps does, which means less lag when you record, and best of all, Dxtory doesn't split your video up into parts. I honestly recommend you try Dxtory and see for yourself.
  4. Firelance said:
    No effect on FPS? All I see are topics about how Fraps eats up people's FPS. I was a long time Fraps user until I found out about Dxtory. There are many reasons why I like it more: You can actually choose what resolution you want to record at, it doesn't record on a single core like Fraps does, which means less lag when you record, and best of all, Dxtory doesn't split your video up into parts. I honestly recommend you try Dxtory and see for yourself.

u can see on Your own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_A_5D7QOY
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Video Video Games