CreativeArt87

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
If you havent heard of it, Action! is a Fraps alternative that has pretty much no effect on FPS. It acheives this by recording what is on screen as its own file then you can convert it to a HQ video after-the-fact, thus saving your computer from having to encode raw video files whilst trying to render the game!

There are several benefits to this:
The lesser hardware requirements mean we can have more people recording for more angles on any particular stunt/shoot with good quality video
The filesizes are very small in comparison to fraps, a 20minute 1920x1200 video I took is 39Mb. This means we could just throw those files onto the SirDrive and not have to worry about encoding/changing video formats etc.
The FPS counter is sexy, but if U don't want it U can turn it off :0 :bounce:

CreativeArt87

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
for audio wav and m4a and for video mp4 but U can check on Youtube quality just write mirillis action test and U will see, i downloaded it and tested few week ago. It damaged me witch quality so i find it necessarily to posy it.

Firelance

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
No effect on FPS? All I see are topics about how Fraps eats up people's FPS. I was a long time Fraps user until I found out about Dxtory. There are many reasons why I like it more: You can actually choose what resolution you want to record at, it doesn't record on a single core like Fraps does, which means less lag when you record, and best of all, Dxtory doesn't split your video up into parts. I honestly recommend you try Dxtory and see for yourself.

CreativeArt87

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012

u can see on Your own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_A_5D7QOY