Family Share 100 Minutes Promotion???

Last response: in Network Providers
January 9, 2005 9:47:55 PM

I recently upgraded to the Family Share Plan and took advantage of the +100
minutes to share promotion. I just received my first statement.

Verizon's website and my salesperson both said the 100 minutes would be added
to my primary account (400 minutes) and be available to share to my secondary
phone. Well, the statement shows the 100 promotional minutes on my secondary
phone account. There is no indication those minutes will share back to the
primary phone.

I called Verizon customer service about this. I was told the minutes are only
available for my secondary phone, not the primary phone. I objected based on
the website and what my salesperson told me. The CSR gave me 100 extra
minutes/month for six months as "compensation" for the misunderstanding, but
she told me there was no way the original 100 minutes from the Family Share
promotion were available to my primary phone.

If this is indeed true, Verizon's statement of additional "shared" minutes is a
complete misrepresentation. They are not shared at all. They are simply
available to my one secondary line. Furthermore, on Verizon's website it shows
the 100 minutes being applied to the primary account.

Anyone else have experience or clarification on this? I'm hoping it is the
"typical" case of an generous but generous Verizon customer service
representative.

djmoll
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 9:47:56 PM

Djmoll wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the Family Share Plan and took advantage of
> the +100 minutes to share promotion. I just received my first
> statement.
>
> Verizon's website and my salesperson both said the 100 minutes would
> be added to my primary account (400 minutes) and be available to
> share to my secondary phone. Well, the statement shows the 100
> promotional minutes on my secondary phone account. There is no
> indication those minutes will share back to the primary phone.

Could you be more specific. My bill has a section for "Family
SharePlan Summary of Usage". There is a column for "SharePlan
Allowance". Mine shows 1500 in the primary row and the rows
for the secondary lines in this column are blank.

Later under the section "Your Service Profile" it has "Current
calling plan: America's Choice Familyshare Primary 1500 Anytime..."

I have never heard of a secondary line having any minutes at all.
They are all listed under the primary line.

I'm guessing someone is confused or you are speaking of one
thing and the CSR is speaking of another.

-Quick
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 1:14:44 AM

This is right from the website:

>>Sign up on America's Choice Family SharePlan and get:
Unlimited IN Calling on all lines, unlimited night & weekend minutes PLUS
100 Bonus Home Airtime Minutes to Share! <<

This is how the store rep explained it to me when I changed my family share
plan to this promotion:

The reason the 100 bonus minutes are attached to a secondary line is because
this promotion is only available on AC Family Share plans and not single AC
plans. Therefore, it is only possible to get the 100 minutes if you have a
secondary line to put them on. But, as written above in black and white,
the minutes are SHARED, so it doesn't matter which line gets them.

I think you probably just got a misinformed rep (or two).
!