Java/byteVerify help please

Hi not an expert or anything, i run avg scan yestersay as my computer was
running really slow, it detected a virus called Java/byteVerify, it would
not clean this for me. i was advised to go to the location of the file and
delete this, i did and emptied the recycle bin but it is still really slow,
can anyone help as i havent got a clue?

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Java Plug-in,
click on the Cache tab, then click Clear.

You should download the newest Java software, available
free, from Sun Microsystems:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Make sure to uninstall the old version of Java first.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"nikkinfal" wrote:

| Hi not an expert or anything, i run avg scan yestersay as my computer was
| running really slow, it detected a virus called Java/byteVerify, it would
| not clean this for me. i was advised to go to the location of the file and
| delete this, i did and emptied the recycle bin but it is still really slow,
| can anyone help as i havent got a clue?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-0, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/2/2005 3:08:00 PM