Sign in with
Your question

Should i sell my pentium d for E6320

Last response: in Video Games
January 14, 2012 12:46:22 AM

i want to sell my pentium d is the E6320 better in games or not ?

More about : sell pentium e6320

January 14, 2012 2:07:33 AM

the E6320 is considered outdated, and the Pentium d is absolute crap, and was when it was released. sell it and get a phenom ii x4 or x6, or a sandy bridge computer. don't but another outdated machine.
m
l
January 14, 2012 8:30:39 AM

Yes the E6320 will kick the ass out of a D.

Sadly, your going to disappointed in who wants a D and the price they will pay will be very low.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2012 11:10:04 AM

yes its better but not by much... if you want a propper bump in gaming performance get a quad of 2.4 or better.
m
l
January 27, 2012 12:38:01 AM

or even better, get an amd fx-6100, with a nice new ati hd 7000 card, or a geforce gtx 600 series when they come out
m
l
January 27, 2012 1:09:02 AM

are you mad... the fx-6100 is a crap investment. if he was gonna jump platform then at least give him the real alternative. your basically telling him to settle for a 6core cpu that cant keep up with a quad core. yes its cheap, but its cheap for a reason in that its single threaded performance sux balls... its absolutely pointless for gaming... if he was doing photoshop then i would say maybe, but as he just wants to play games then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

btw nvidia are missing out the 6 series and jumping straight to the 7 series for desktops... KEEP UP!.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21936/leakedtt_nvidia_to_...
m
l
January 28, 2012 6:33:02 PM

HEXiT said:
are you mad... the fx-6100 is a crap investment. if he was gonna jump platform then at least give him the real alternative. your basically telling him to settle for a 6core cpu that cant keep up with a quad core. yes its cheap, but its cheap for a reason in that its single threaded performance sux balls... its absolutely pointless for gaming... if he was doing photoshop then i would say maybe, but as he just wants to play games then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

btw nvidia are missing out the 6 series and jumping straight to the 7 series for desktops... KEEP UP!.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21936/leakedtt_nvidia_to_...

really, you Intel fan-boy? :non:  my gaming machine has one, works great. haven't been able to find anything that slows it down, and i run games that take 1, 2, or 4 threads, depends on the game (see: sins of a solar empire with 9 AI). also, the machine runs just as fast as my friends core i5 2500k, which i do believe is a quad core. try using one first before you start dissing the amd system. anyway, compared to the Pentium D or the core 2 duo, the AMD FX is awesome, and cheaper.
m
l
January 29, 2012 1:39:47 AM

moron? you do know that toms doesnt stand people being abusive...
best rethink yer approach to to discussing issues than reverting to your base needs to insult and abuse...

also that link is based on a rumor from another forum... so is actually no more legitimate than mine...

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/p... oops... seems the 6100 cant even keep up with a phenom 2 6 core...

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx-8150--8120-6100-an... most of the time it cant even keep up with a p2 975 so no pal it aint that great... and god forbid you try pairing it with a decent gfx card and play bf3... you really will see it choke.

also b4 you go banding about lables like fanboy. go read my comments on the fx cpus where the fanboys are bashing it in the cpu section... you will find i was more than fair...
if you cant handle the truth then thats not my problem its yours....

have a nice day....

ps.. i actually finished an fx 6100 build last Tuesday i spent half a day playing with it to make sure it was working fault free b4 passing it on to the owner... some of us actually do things like that for a living... but hey how would you know that as you dont know me.
yet you still seem to think you can judge me... hmmmm....
m
l
February 7, 2012 11:45:13 PM

ok well im not going to do heavy gaming but this is what i got

asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
E7600 i will upgrade to a quad in the future but this is temporary untill i get more money
4 gig of ram
ati radeon 5450
500 gb hard drive

i might overclock a little bit

oh and by the way amd have been a waist of time for me i know im a noob but ill always go intel ;) 
m
l
February 7, 2012 11:50:16 PM

^^^

That is what you have now? Or that's what you plan to get with your current budget?
m
l
February 7, 2012 11:53:25 PM

well i have already got the motherboard and the ram and graphics card but ill be buying the rest of stuff later on
m
l
February 8, 2012 12:34:13 AM

Hmm... okay then....

I was going to say that buying older PC components can eventually cost you more money than going with something current. No to mention a possible performance handicap. But since you already have the mobo and RAM, the point is moot.

Buying a Core 2 Quad Q9400 right now will cost you $340. When you are ready to buy the price might be a little more. If you were to spend $340 now you can actually buy a Core i5-2500k (easily overclocked) and a decent P67 motherboard to overclock it with. It will be significantly more powerful than the Q9400. The downside is you need to dish out another $50 for the appropriate RAM.

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Q9400-Processor-LGA775-BX80...

My suggestion is do not extend that PC beyond the E7600. That money that you start saving from that point on should be for a more modern PC.
m
l
February 8, 2012 12:37:21 AM

Of course, with the $340 you can scale down to a Core i5-2320, a H67 chipset motherboard and squeeze in some RAM. You won't really be able to overclock, but it will still be much better than a Q9400.
m
l
February 8, 2012 12:39:19 AM

true, if he sold the components, he could get a little more, like a really nice case. or a more powerful video chip, the ati hd 5570 is pretty good if you get the 128 bit version see:his ati hd 5570.

also, hexit, toms hardware just released this thread, I win! lolz

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-Kepler-GPU-GeFo...
m
l
February 8, 2012 12:42:43 AM

also, you could Theoretically get a nice core 2 quad off of ebay for about $150
m
l
!